Webroot Poor Cleaning Of Redirect Points Created By Rootkits

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Dark Lord, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Hi Joe,

This kind of Rootkits (PM you a sample:) ) if in a scenario is already infected on a user PC before installing Webroot. After installation of Webroot it will remove the rootkit but the this rootkit disables windows defender. Even after cleaning the rootkit by Webroot windows defender can not be open because its corrupted by the rootkit. It make something called redirect points according to scanning by Hitman Pro. :eek:

If i ran a scan in latest Hitman Pro (http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/) it will detect these redirect points and repair it. After Hitman Pro clean up I can open windows defender as usual. :cool:

So please deeply analysis this malware and make Webroot capable of repairing cleaning also the re-director points made by nasty malware's. I hope next 2014 product update will make Webroot to clean and repair redirect points created by malware. ;) :thumb:

Regards,
    Dark Lord

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks! We'll add generic support for restoring Windows Defender and removing these types of changes into one of the next updates.

Let me know if you find anything else :thumb:

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Awesome:cool: That's how a product should be developed:thumb:
    Good Luck Joe for upcoming 2014 update;)

Regards,
    Dark Lord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.