webroot mobile security?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC__Gamer, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

For Android....

1. Is the version on the market a 1yr license only, it doesn't state this?

2. Is the software un-installable via usual methods?(ie. McAfee mobile security prevents un-installation of the software and trying to remove it, locks the phone til a password is entered if tried)

3. Does webroot offer a web GUI to lock/locate/wipe etc?

4. Is a locked phone, still locked after reboot

5. Is a password needed to enter the settings of the security?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm not sure on any of these questions - you'll want to contact Webroot support as they'll be able to help you more accurately :)

3. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Lol Joe - somehow, I knew I'd leave you spechless to answer.

Support request sent. :D

4. NiteSurfer

NiteSurfer Registered Member

This is the support forum that Webroot refers you to when you call http://labs.webroot.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=3 for support for Webroot Mobile Security. You need to register to post and they usually respond in 1 - 2 days.

To answer your questions:

1. I use the free version, and it does updates, so no re-licensing is needed.
    2. It is easily un-installable on an Android and does so cleanly unlike other AV's. Additional details of this were recently posted on their forum.
    3. It does have a clean GUI to locate and wipe. Details of this was recently posted on their forum.
    4. I need clarification re: "Locked" phone. Is your screen locked or are you rooted as well? If your screen is locked with a PW, you should need the PW to unlock your screen. Upon unlocking your screen and rebooting, then your AV will automatically start.
    5. A PW is only needed for the remote feature to find your phone, also referred to "screaming." Again, a recent post gave more info. about this.

You can always install the app. as a trial and see how you like it. I found some mobile AV's slow your system down more then others, where Webroot did not slow mine down. However, everyone's mobile, OS, etc. is different, so you will have to decide for yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.