WebRoot Firewall 5.8 Input

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by IceCube1010, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

Just some input on anyone using this firewall/hips. I have used the other big 3 firewall/hips combos and think there great but anyone use this product and experience with it? Please no flames just looking for some info.

thanks
    Ice

2. gery

gery Registered Member

no one used ever?

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

In the past (not sure about this version) the Webroot firewall used to have a memory leak. Not sure if that's still the case.

Have you read Webroot's privacy policy/EULA ? (ask.com ??)

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yeah. It's an optional install. I notice more and more software vendors that have free software are bundling in ask.com and other toolbars. Fortunately for the consumer you have the option of not installing it. I was wondering the performance end of it and basic protection since it has the neat hips feature with it. I guess not many members are using this firewall. It's a shame because it seems good but would like some feedback.

Ice

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I have used it and thought that it was a good firewall. It is pretty intuitive. There is a hotfix I believe for the memory leak, you will have to search for it but I have seen the link posted in this forum, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Except for the memory leak I liked the firewall. It is Privacyware's Firewall rebranded and Private Firewall has a good reputation I believe. I didn't like the splash screen at windows startup and couldn't disable that. As far as free firewalls go, I would consider it as one of the better ones out there. You don't hear it talked about here a lot I am not sure why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.