Webroot Essentials Vs Complete

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by imperium, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperium

imperium Registered Member

I have heard Webroot Secureanywhere Essentials contains the Browser Protection ability (Safeonline/Identity Shield) to protect against Keyloggers capturing keystrokes but I have noticed that the "Provides advanced protection for online shopping and banking" is not checked in Essentials, only on the Complete version. What is the difference between this advanced protection for online shopping and banking and the Identity Shield Browser protection ability of Essentials?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

There are two levels of protection - one is the equivalent of the SafeOnline protection within Prevx 3.0 (protecting against keyloggers/information stealing trojans/screengrabbers/etc.) while the additional layer in the Complete product is password storage/management/synchronization across PCs and browsers.

3. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I'm still a little confused by this as well. The answer to my similar question (here) says it was an error in the comparison table. I am still assuming that the difference between Complete and Essentials is in the 3rd party bundling and not in the Webroot product itself which is basically the same (though there is added value in integration at the GUI level and maybe some extra protection, as mentioned in the link, for the bundled products such as Lastpass).

4. imperium

imperium Registered Member

Okay, thanks Prevxhelp! :thumb:

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes, Essentials contains the new SafeOnline called Identity Shield and Complete has the Lastpass password manager as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.