Webroot Desktop Firewall logs

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pfipps, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Firewall logs in the program can be cleared by right clicking and clicking the "clear" button. Despite the ability to clear the entries, they still appear in the "advanced" logs report and right clicking does nothing to delete the entries there since there is no "clear" button. Is this a bug?

2. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Under advanced reports,just use the red remove cross top left,which should delete the lot in one go.

You can also use the Edit-Remove function,but dont use the L.H. traffic headings- as you can remove the sub-groups

3. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

It's actually not working for me. I tried to click the red cross icon and it is not deleting the entries, only the groups and reports.

4. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Maybe a reinstall might help,dont you think.

Dont know how you would go with Webroot support-I asked them one question a month ago and didnt get an answer-possibly PrivacyWare might be better.

5. feniks

feniks Registered Member

I think it is just the way it is working. All edits you can do on left column. Right column is just to see outcome from the filter you made. Actually making the filters is so easy so you can delete all the 1 hour/day/week and make specific filter to see what you want just on the fly.

All the logs are stored in c:\documents and settings\webroot in wdflog.mdb (Microsoft Office) database in WDF you just have filters to see, you do not delete the logs.

Close WDF and you can open this database in MS Access and delete any log entry you do not like or all of them.

This way your filters in WDF advanced raports stay untouched but all the records are gone.

6. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

This seems like a a feature they forgot to include in this version. On an another note, I emailed Webroot tech support, and guess what, they told me to uninstall and reinstall the program! :D

7. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

That is a "sticky" recommendation from a developer. It's what I would do, but at that moment of being without the app. is when I look at the "other" installers on the desktop to decide what should get installed. So many options to consider. :shifty:

8. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Can I do that in excel? Excel tells me that I can expose my self to connections. Still, that seems like a very poor design. Why not a right click "delete"?

9. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Anybody? I know webroot is a fairly popular firewall.

10. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

I found a workaround for the firewall logs. If you mind the wdflog.mdb getting big, right after you install, you can make a copy and just keep on replacing the log file that gets bigger and bigger.

Another note:
    There are some annoying GUI quirks in the program.
    In the applications and process sections, you can't press shift and click to select programs, you have to select them one by one. This also applies for the File/Settings dialog also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.