web page 78.47.249.228:80 keeps appearing blocked, virus/malware infection?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dogbolter357, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbolter357

dogbolter357 Registered Member

ESET Smart Security on my laptop has begun to regularly displaying a blocked web page whenever I'm connected to the Internet., i.e. 78.47.249.228:80 and at the same time disconnecting Internet Explorer and shutting down Opera all together.

I believe it might be a Malware infection and have used numerous programs including ESET Smart Security to remove but with no success. There does not appear to be anything else wrong with the laptop.

Has anyone else come across this particular infection and if so, if resolved, how? There is very little information on the Web regarding this particular problem, none of which is at all helpful.

The computer scans clean now with Smart Security 4 current version and other malware programs such as Malwarebytes.

It's looking like an complete reformat but I would like to examine all possibilities before having to do that.

Best Regards,
    dogbolter357

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can create a SysInspector (ESI) snapshot, look up suspicious files and submit them to ESET per the instructions here. You can also submit the ESI log to customer care for perusal who should be able to assist you in pinpointing the malicious file(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.