Web Hosting Suggestion Need ASAP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by huntnyc, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

For my site listed in sig, I am looking for a reliable Windows based, Frontpage enabled hosting company that provides good support when problems arise, such as troubleshooting Frontpage forms that are not performing as expected and other site problems that may arise. I have switched from my old company to get more space because of use of WMV files storage and have gotten a wonderful price but no support. Therefore, must find a company that balances space, support and performance. Your help appreciated. Listed below are my top priorities in searching for replacement host ASAP. Thanks.

Priorities for choosing new hosting service

1. Windows based and Frontpage enabled along with wide variety of Windows features

2. Space of at least 150 GB with a generous transfer rate per month

3. Good support when problems arise - hands on help to resolve as quickly as possible dealing with site mechanics or with Ffrontpage forms that are not working properly on their servers.

4. Price - I would like to stay $20 per month or under if possible but support is a key issue to me now along with required space.

Thanks again members for your help in this.

Gary

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    May I ask why wouldn't you wanna go with Apache on Linux?
    Just out of curiosity ... frontpage is known to be not very W3C compliant.
    Mrk

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I'm using DreamHost (http://www.dreamhost.com/). Not sure about Frontpage. If you like it and wanna "order" then here is discount code: muropaketti

muropaketti is Finnish OC Forum. With that code you get 50$ discount for a year order and 1 extra FREE lifetime unique IP.

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

@Mrkvonic,

Just been used to FrontPage and not learned other editor but when and if I redo my site will consider that.

Found solution to my problem with Frontpage email forms on my own - host spam filter was trashing the email results sent by the form so I turn filter off. Now, all is OK. Will probably stay here for a while with this host but keep my eye open down the road if need to move. Mrkvonic, what editor to you recommend to create and manage Web sites that I can use in Windows and thanks. Also, thanks to suggestion about host alternative.

Gary

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I suggest you try open-source, cross-platform editors that conform with international standards. You could try kompoZer. Notepad++ is also good.

Using them, you will learn how to code more correctly and you will most likely adhere to W3C standards.

BTW, Apache can support frontpage. Not the simplest thing, but doable.

Mrk

6. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I can reccomend bluehost.com (I am part of the team of a php CMS which is hosted by them) and powweb.com (used to own/run a popular forum which was hosted by them).

Cannot comment on how good their frontpage extension support is though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.