Web developer needs my password for paypal and google?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by kamas, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamas

kamas Registered Member

My website developer needs my password for "Google checkout" and for Paypal in order to get things set up so my website can accept payments from "Google checkout" and Paypal. Does my web developer really need the password? Can't they do this without having the password?

It looks like paypal might have something that does what i need, does this look like the answer here?

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/permissions-outside
    According to Paypal, i can create a user that will only have permission for this: "Activate and authorize APIs"

I cannot find something similar for google checkout.

How would you deal with this type of situation?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

See if that other feature is sufficient for testing the functionality and also if google has something similar. Although the web developer should know. Otherwise, change the password as soon as everything is tested and working properly.

3. kamas

kamas Registered Member

I just tested it now and it seems that for Paypal, this feature is what i am looking for: "Activate and authorize APIs".

However, I cannot find any information at all about this for google checkout. The only possible thing that mentions adding users to google checkout is here:
    http://support.google.com/checkout/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=73984

But, that does not give you many options, it only gives you 2 options which are "FULL ACCESS" or "Read Only".

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

start with read only maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.