Web access problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Old Monk, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi Folks

I'm trying to help a friend out who has the following problem. I don't know where the answer lies and just wondering if some of you technical experts can start pointing us in the right direction.

This is the situation.

He had one PC using XP with a broadband connection. He's now got another machine on Vista and someone has configured a wireless connection with this machine behind a router.

Before getting this new machine he could access all his financial websites without a hitch.

Now, with the same sites some aren't loading at all and some are loading but can't log on at the log on page. ( I think this is now the same for both machines )

My first thought was that when the new machine was installed the security settings somewhere must have been set too high but that doesn't seem to the case.

A relation of his has accessed the same sites using the same ADSL line but via a different ISP.

The installer is pointing the finger at his ISP but they insist it's not their prblem.

It seems to all stem from the installation of the 2nd machine.

Could it be the ISP and if so how ? Could it be a problem elsewhere ?

Thanks for any advice given.

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Old Monk,

If both machines behind the router have the same problem, then I would first take a look at the router's web-filtering setup. Use the router's documentation as a guide.

Nick

Attached Files:

3. Old Monk

Thanks Nick

This might take some backwards/forwards correspondence with my friend but I'll check that out, thank you.

4. Old Monk

Hi

Apparently, this has been checked out as ok.

In what manner could this be down to his ISP as the cause. I don't undertsand how that would be so :doubt:

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi,

Does your friend get the same results with other browsers? What is the brand and model number of the router (I would like to have a look at the documentation)?

Nick

6. Old Monk

Thanks for looking out on this one Nick. Unfotunately the nature of the correspondence will be sporadic so hang on in there :D

My next suggestion was to try F/Fox or Opera. Failing that I'll try and get the router details.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.