Weather bug and other weather monitors?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Checked out Weather Watcher.....it doesn't work in the UK.. :) But really I suppose it isn't as important here as it in the U.S.A....the Weather forecasts here are something like "Sunny, Rain or dark before Morning" and that about covers it......whereas your likely to go to bed one night and wake up in another State... :D

I heard a Californian joke the other day.....This guy was telling a friend he was thinking of selling his House.....the friend said "When" and the guy said "Just as soon as I can get it back up the Hill"..... :D

Cochise, :cool:

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Just installed it, too. VERY nice. My previous app (Weather Watcher) is not updating currently. I think there is a problem with the server. In any case, I've uninstalled it. Weather Pulse is much better. Thanks, Ron!! :D

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're welcome Daisey! He is doing a good job on this version.

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

LOL I was reading that someone that worked for weatherbug saying they wasn't spyware or anthing like that. Now I read over at DSL Boardband Forums that Weatherbug installs MySearch without asking if you want to install. I said I'm goign to try it on my other machine and it did install MYSearch without asking. It's an IE Toolbar that Weatherbug installs. You have uninstall the toolbar to get rid of the MySearch. How snicking and crappy is that? I think there should be a law against this type of sneaky thing.

I use Weather Exchange. It's a good weather monitor. Kind of realtime monitoring. ;)

5. Dazed_and_Confused

I ditched Weatherbug a LONG time ago. There are more spies in that software than in the KGB. :D

6. notageek

I scanned with adaware, spybot s&d and bazooka and the only thing that came up was MySearch but I wouldn't doubt there is alot of spyware in it. I will not use it ever. May I sould of download the trail of one of the opther spyware scanners like Spycop or Spysweeper to see if they call out any other spies in weatherbug. becuase I really hate programs that do this sneaky stuff.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  7. Dazed_and_Confused

Ditto, notageek. :D

P.S. By the way, that star in your Avatar looks just like the one I see on a Dallas Cowboy's helmet. Good to see your a fan! :)

8. notageek

OH yeah it's a Dallas Cowboy star. I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan. I even named one of my kids Dallas. :)

9. Dazed_and_Confused

Good for you, notageek. Looking forward to a much better season... ;)

10. dog

dog Guest

Totally OT but .... (and sorry for that ;))

Go Bills Go! :'( :rolleyes: :eek: ;) :) :D :ninja: .... ~ Please ~ :D

11. Dazed_and_Confused

OK. Back on topic here...

While I really do like Weather Pulse, I do feel their weather maps could be better. Other than that, it's a great tool.:)

12. notageek

OK Here's a topic over there at Broadband forums. http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,10990490~mode=flat

Notice the 5th post. It has a pasted email from the Manager, WeatherBug Customer Support Team over there at weatherbug. Yawn it's the same ole thing. Manager, WeatherBug Customer Support Team and others at that copany will defend what they are doing and claim they are not snooping or anything like that but you never know. They really need to clean up their act.

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Add your own maps and charts. The default charts are The Weather Channel but there are plenty of options to add whatever you want.
    It also caches quite a bit and uses a lot of memory.
    You do get a lot of cookies too.

It is free though. (Right now) :D

14. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Ain't gonna happen. Who's your quarterback now?:p ;) :D

snowbound

15. notageek

LOL It will happen. :) Cowboys will own this year. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.