Weather bug and other weather monitors?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Is Weatherbug Spyware or adware? They claim they aren't but I don't know if I can take their word on it.

OK. Now Does anyone know what weather monitor program uses the less resources? My brother in law is looking for a program that will sit in his system try and show the degrees and warn of weather alerts and also show a radar. I use weather pulse but he tried it and didn't like it.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Notageek

Weatherbug denies being spyware. Anything that spews ads to your computer can't be too good. They do offer an ad free version.

I've tried Weather Pulse and found it a bit buggy on my computer.

I use Wetsock although I don't keep it loaded. No graphics however.

3. notageek

Thanks Ronjor. I thought Weatherbug was a little bug. LOL I thought I would ask here to see what others thought.

4. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

Here is the best one there is...it"s called Weather Watcher...no spyware or adware and it is free...has many great features..give it a try ...you won"t be disappointed :cool:
    Weather Watcher

5. notageek

How does it stack up to weather Pulse?

6. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

As i said i think in my opinion this is one of the best weather programs...read reviews below :cool: ....try it for yourself only you can decide

Customer Ratings

Review

7. notageek

Has or did anyone every use weather exchange? If so is it any good? Spywarefree? I know it has ads but I think the ads come from the company.

8. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Notageek - hello again!

I used to use Weatherbug. Not sure if it was spyware or not, but I found a MUCH better application, without any ads. Mullyman is exactly right. Weather Watcher is a much better application. And the author (Mike Singer) does a great job at product support. He responds quickly to e-mails, and constantly monitors his forum. I expecially like the feature which allows you to place a constantly updatable radar map as the wallpaper. You will NOT be disappointed.

9. notageek

Thanks D&C. I tried Weather Watcher before I passed the info on. It was a good app. I passed it on to my Brother in law to mess with. I'm using weather pulse and it's a good program also that can let you put a radar as a wallpaper also (so they say). I thought I would give Weather Exchange a try to see if it's any good. I read mix reviews about weather Exchange. As for weatherbug. I read their Privacy Policy http://ww3.weatherbug.com/aws/default.asp?RND=10210&cid=13 and didn't notice anything odd. They did say that you provide the info that you want to provide.

10. Dazed_and_Confused

Understood. But unless there are MUCH better features elsewhere, I'm sticking with Weather Watcher. You can't discount the good product support, and they have the best. I've conversed with Mike a number of times, and he always addresses issues right away. Also, we had some really bad weather last night, and WW came through for me again. My computer horn went off in the middle of the night just as a tornado warning was issued. Gives you a real good feeling of security knowing you have the latest and greatest weather info. :D

11. notageek

Yeah i know. I had some rough weather here last night also and Weather pulse was going off for me. I am trying out Weather Exchange it's a good program too. I haven't ran any Anti Spyware program yet to see if it's spyware free. I will as soon as I get done messins with it. The best part of weather exchange is that theres a weather station right down the road from me so I get the exact weather in my area. :) Plus the radar is nice also.

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I used the pay for service Weather Tap for a couple of years. Superb graphics.
    They have a desktop program you can use if you subscribe.
    I think it is local to the U.S. though.

13. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi, I like weather watcher as well. Works here in the Netherlands fine. Forecast is OK. But it seems i am drunk all the time because the condition=mist to many times, lol.

Gerard

14. notageek

Has anyone ever download the new version of weatherbug and ran spybot S&D and or Adaware? Maybe even chect ir with spycop? If not I'm going to download and run spt s&d and adaware.

15. notageek

OK I know this is fast but I didn't even have to scan with spybot and adaware. I ran Hijack this and bam I seen Myserarch. Weatherbug is indeed crapware. It install crap on your computewr without you knowing it. Lucky I know how to get rid of this kind of stuff. LOL I can't believe that people will use this kind of junk.

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Messy huh? :D

Wetsock is a really nice weather program. No graphics, but it pulls an hour by hour forecast from the Weather service. Once again, not sure about the U.K

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Do any of these Weathercasters apply to the UK?....Our Forecasters couldn't forecast their way out of a wet paper bag....... :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Typical Summer forecast in Texas.

Hot to very hot. Highs in upper nineties with a low tonight of eighty.

Some thunderstorms in the area today. Some possibly severe with large hail, high winds, and a tornado or two.

There is also an area of disturbed weather in the Gulf of Mexico. This storm is forecast to become a Category 5 Hurricane and
    more than likely, obliterate Houston and surrounding areas. If you should evacuate, good luck, the roads are packed.

No changes expected in the forecast for the rest of the Summer.

Who needs a weather program?? :D :D

19. Dazed_and_Confused

Very nice screen shot, Ronjor. But looking at the WX, and I never thought I would say this, but I'm glad I'm not in TX. :eek:

Here is a look at Weather Watcher (Daily Summary). Great support and I've found it to be accurate (yes, it's raining here too.)

Attached Files:

• ww1.gif
      ww1.gif
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
  20. Dazed_and_Confused

...continued. Here is a look at forecast by time.

Attached Files:

• ww2.gif
      ww2.gif
      File size:
      16.9 KB
      Views:
  21. Dazed_and_Confused

...and a look at current conditions.

Attached Files:

• ww3.gif
      ww3.gif
      File size:
      10.2 KB
      Views:
  22. Dazed_and_Confused

...and finally a detaile forecast.

Attached Files:

• ww4.gif
      ww4.gif
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
  23. Dazed_and_Confused

oh, almost forgot tray icon...

Attached Files:

• ww5.gif
      ww5.gif
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
  24. notageek

I tried weather watcher and thought it was cool. Right now I'm using weather exchange. It's cool it updates depending on where the weather station is. The weather station that's I'm using is right down the road and it updates every 5 minutes. :)

I don't need a program to tell me england forcast but try weather exchange it might work.

25. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

notageek

The new Weather Pulse is really improved. I'm running it now. Very speedy!

http://www.tropicdesigns.net/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.