We need an ignore always setting for specific items

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by kisc, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kisc

kisc Registered Member

edit: I didn't read very far down the list of topics, clearly. I'll await the next version with bated breath.

This is a problem for me as well.

Ewido does some pretty spectacular things at this point, and I like it a very great deal. The trialware/freeware version cleaned up a Spyfalcon/smitrem variant that didn't respond to any of the dedicated fixtools I could find online, for example.

But, you see, I have this lovely thing I call my Toolbox. It is 1.6gb of freeware, trialware, and various and sundry, all available freely on the internet. I keep it on my hard drive at work, and robocopy it to my 2gb Voyager whenever I update the master copy on my HDD. A large portion of the purpose of this Toolbox is to decrease wait time for downloads, and to provide easy access to the tools to fix a PC that I'm unwilling or unable to put online for whatever reason.

After reading a bit about ewido, I installed it on this work PC to try out. The first time I tried updating my thumb drive, ewido seemed to just eat the entire contents of the folder which contained all the removal tools from Symantec's website. Now I see that there are problems with radmin and VNC, and I'm assuming that Dameware is going to be the same way.

Please, please, add something like "exceptions" or "ignore always" or something. Allowing an entire class of the things that I wanted to buy the program to protect me from isn't going to work.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.