we have a problem with kis7.. and perfect disk

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i can no longer run a boot time defrag it says error opening paging file and mft?? and it just sits there at 0% what can i do about this anyone help please? thanks

2. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Easily fixed! :) The PerfectDisk (I'm assuming that you're running version 8.xx) install/uninstall program has a repair option. Run install/uninstall, and instead of choosing remove, hit repair. This will repair any changes or damages made to the core program (including boot time options) without changing your personal settings.

3. zfactor

didnt help. i also did a full uninstall and reinstall of it from scratch and nada. i still can not defrag the paging file. if i uninstal kis7 it works fine.. what else can i do??

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Did you exclude PerfectDisk in Kaspersky?

5. zfactor

yes i did

6. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

i don't have a problem and i run the two of them for quite a long time...try to manualy delete or uncheck the rules that pdm modules have created for PerfectDisk and give some feedback in case i get the same in the future ;) hihi

7. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

I have similar prob with system restore:-try unchecking self protection in Kis,that allows restore to work,which also runs as pc boots like a boot time defrag(perfect disk runs ok on my system though!)

8. zfactor

the only way i can get it to work with kis7 at boot time is to disable the option in advanced settings under the system tab .. uncheck let windows decide what to do with the paging file.. then it works not sure what kis7 is affecting here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.