We can safely conclude FD-ISR is over?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by EASTER, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

As far as build 205 is concerned and aside from the Vista support, how stable is it? Are there any known issues thus far?

I've been using the old version and when I emailed Raxco, they kindly sent me the new build. I didn't even have to verify license or any thing.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

So far, for me, 205 has been as stable as all the other releases, and that is saying something. :)

Acadia

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Not a single problem with 205 here, either. I'm still playing with it to learn everything it can do. Really, it's pretty easy to learn compared to some software out there.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Right now I'm using build 205 on a WinXPproSP2-system until my computer is worned out (5 years or longer).

After that I will probably buy a new computer with winVISTA, but I don't assume that build 205 will work properly on a WinVISTA-system.
    If it does, I'm good for another 5 years or longer.
    If it doesn't, I have to find an alternative for FDISR and alot can happen in the software industry during 5 years.

It doesn't have to be another ISR-software to replace FDISR, it can be any kind of software that does an equal or better job, than FDISR. I only have to be patient and wait ... until I die. I can only hope that FDISR is also used in heaven or hell. :)
    There has to be a computer in heaven or hell, because there are 6 billion people on earth and that requires alot of bookkeeping.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, AFAIK, if you are one of the fortunate ones to have an authentic FD-ISR version courtesy Raxco distributorship, you will never completely have an obsolete product. :D :D :D

It continues to pull my tail out of a pinch. I just shorted out something on my mainboard while trying to re-route some wires and nearly toasted my Hard Drive making it unreachable and the other 2 partitions vanished as in deleted.:eek:

My XP Pro CD finally somehow recovered the main system to boot up and with a simple Uninstall then Reinstall again, FD-ISR + all snapshots were right back up and in business again. This app is Simply Incredible!!

I did have to resort to Paragon to Undelete the partitions, one of which housed my FD-ISR archives, nothing short of miracle or luck or whatever you want to call it, because i was so frustrated i was within seconds of using my D-Ban disk ready to wipe out the whole ball of wax.

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Erik is it not for us or any other for that purpose that we always come back to Wilders to prevent falling in HELL in real live !! o_O

7. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

The passionate eulogies caught my interest -so I went to Software Pursuits and successfully downloaded and installed BootBack Workstation version build 205-Vista ready, dated Nov 29 07,which seems to be running normally.

Definitely still actively listed

The mystery is that there is no obvious way to purchase it-a referral is given to HDS.

An email has been sent to Sales.All very odd.

http://softwarepursuits.com/bootback/download.asp

8. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Isn't it time limited. The one I downloaded and couldn't install because I have Raxco on board said a 14 day trial. It says 30 day on the website. I'm up to date anyway with Raxco.

9. Hairy Coo

Its a trial version,either 14 or 30 days, as you said.

Waiting to hear from Sales.

10. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Is there any way to back up the license data from the Raxco install?

11. Hairy Coo

If I read Huupi's post 2 correctly-the answer is No

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

They are going to telll you they no longer sell it, and neither does HDS. Kinda dumb to still have the trial. They might not be aware that HDS has discontinued it. Raxco wasn't.

13. Peter2150

There is no license data. If you have the exe file you downloaded guard carefully. That is all you need.

Pete

14. Hairy Coo

Thats an understatement-great pity.

But this one is Vista compatible,therefore a newer version isnt it?

edit-see that 205 is OK with Vista

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  15. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

i think its no mistery with software pursuits,[just downloaded the latest build] but their service extends into 2008 so i guess thats for folks that allready has made purchaces they can redownload in case of reinstall or for whatever reason.

Its just a trial,in my case i can activate it with a license key already purchased some time ago.

must admit they are not clear for what it is meant on their website,its quite disturbing, but its clearly said " no selling anymore ". :(

16. Hairy Coo

The sales email, as predicted referred me to HDS. for purchase.

The mystery is that a company would leave a trial download available at all and then refer to HDS,when the product is no longer sold.

17. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

At this point in time there are no resellers left anymore,only licenceholders can get copies[with they can activate with key] as a continuing service to their customers at least with Software Pursuits,i dont know about Raxco but i think its the same ( paid service ? ).

Has contacted them already to set things straight on their site.

18. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

So, what is the absolute closest thing on the market, and still available, to the old FD-ISR?

19. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

RollBack RX and its clones. They have some disadvantages which may be important (no full snapshots, awkward procedures to do imaging, reliability concerns)

20. Genady Prishnikov

Thanks. If the other version was so popular, why did they change it?

21. ErikAlbert

FDISR was too competing, too good and too reliable. A company will never kill its own software for a strange software.
    HDS's flagship is RollbackRx, so FDISR had to be terminated.

22. Genady Prishnikov

I see. So the same company developed two very similar products. Bizarre.

23. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ummmm, HD never developed FirstDefense.

Acadia

24. ErikAlbert

No Leapfrog developped FDISR, not HDS.
    HDS developped RollbackRx, not FDISR.

25. Peter2150

I will again, point out, that this is simply Erik's opinion, unsubstantiated by any facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.