We can safely conclude FD-ISR is over?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by EASTER, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I asked this question in another thread in antimalware, but will ask here.

I was going through some older CD's and discovered that some time in the past I'd bought Raxco FD-ISR, but apparently put it aside and never installed it!!!

This is version 1.10.173. Considering that fd-isr seems to be going the way of the dinosaur, I'm curious. Is this version still good, or is it basically obsolete?

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I'm still using this version ,its the next last version and fully functional so you good to go.

You talking about 3.1.0 build 173 thats the version i use ?

3. Chuck57

No, this is version 1.10.173 for Win 2000/XP Professional, apparently quite far back but it shows good for Win XP Pro which I use. I can't remember when I bought it, or why I never installed it.

*edit* Well, resolved the age problem. I've installed and I was able to update to v 3.21.205. From what I've been reading that's about as far as I want to go.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

205 is the end of the line. You are up to date. If you managed to download something you can keep....do so.

5. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Since FD-ISR has gone belly up- Can someone post an ACTIVATION KEY for the Demo version that I've got?

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

It hasn't really gone belly up, its just been changed for the worse. Posting an activation key would no doubt violate this sites rules.

7. Peter2150

Quite correct. If you have a legitimate demo, getting a key should be no problem.

8. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Peter,

I just sent Raxco an email requesting the complete installer for build 205.

They sent me a download link for FD-ISR version 4.0.100.1190.

Is this the 205 build you mention or do I need ask again for this installer.

Also do you know if this version would conflict with any of the apps in my signature?

Thanks for the free education on these boards.

John

9. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I email Raxco saturday, asking them if it could be possible to download the last complete build, for when and if I ever switch to vista. Note that I bought my FD-ISR on april with no maintenance contract.
    I received an email back from them this morning, including a download link, active until the end of the year 2007. She even suggested that I should back it up on CD, cause this build is the very last species of the line.
    Always been a pleasure to deal with Raxco's people.

10. Peter2150

Could well be. I was sent the latest installer but didn't install it. I have the patch and it shows build 3.21 of 205 Try it and see. I may image my system and try mine, later.

11. wideglide36

Thanks Peter,

Will do as you suggested.

John

12. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Yes it is the one.
    "4.0.100.1190" relates to the installer versioning.
    In properties, if you check in the Version tab, down to the "Other version information", you'll see the Product Version's value is 205.

13. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Enjoy your luck. I didnt have that luck :) Although it would´ve been nice to have one file to install it´s no biggie really, I read about some tweak (or something with Leapfrog version, that I´ve saved in my gmail for the future) so I dont have to go through all the version installs (4 years back - a unnessesary pain,) when I do a clean install. I´ll just use the original software from the inventor of FDISR (Leapfrog), I only need to keep the raxco version for the retail license built into my first file that I paid for.

14. Chuck57

Naturally, I didn't keep the link, but on the official Raxco site there's a place you can download the upgrade of build 205. You have to have at least Build 164 to get it. That's where I found the upgrade.

I need to remember to pick up CD's and copy fd-isr and the upgrade to CD. Every time I don't, inevitably something happens. Also my Paragon HD Manager and license info.

15. Peter2150

Thats the old version and patch. Much better to have the full 205 version if you can get it. For example 164 won't install in vista, so you would be out of luck there.

16. wideglide36

Thank you,

You were correct. 205 build it is.

17. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

Since I have a legitimate demo, are you thinking that Raxco would sell me an activation key?

18. Chuck57

Right, and the upgrade is Vista compatible, although I don't want to move up to Vista, it's probably inevitable at some point. Needless to say, in the day I've had fd-isr on board, I still don't know many of the ins and outs of what it's capable of, it is a great piece of software.

Mr Y. From all I've seen here, Raxco is a reputable company. I bet they'd sell you or furnish you with a key if you contact them.

19. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Actually, this is the reason that they would likely point you to the current distributor, HDS.

Blue

20. Chuck57

Yes, didn't think of that. Mine, in the help tab, has a check for updates. That's where I found the upgrade to Raxco Build 205, the last version I guess. Mine is licensed, although there is also an upgrade for the evaluation version listed there.

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/updates.cfm#fdisr

Delete the above if it isn't acceptable. Toward the middle of the page you'll find FD-ISR and the available upgrades.

21. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Since neither of us are privy to the commercial nuances, we'll just leave it as is.

Blue

22. Peter2150

Raxco is a very reputable company, but they don't use key's and they no longer sell FDISR. Actually neither does HDS at this point.

FDISR as we discuss it here is no longer available, unfortunately.

23. Chuck57

I consider myself very lucky that I purchased mine quite a while ago and had the good sense to put that early version on CD for safe keeping. I also think I was fortunate that here on Wilder's I'd seen enough comment lately about it that I remembered having it, AND lastly that I managed to find the upgrade to the last version Build 205. I think someone mentioned that the upgrades will only be available until the end of this year. Then, it will truly be gone forever.

24. Chuck57

Thank you sir. I know the upgrades are available for those with evaluation software and for people with licensed earlier versions, so assumed it was okay to post that link.

25. Peter2150

Probably not much point in upgrading evaluation copies. I am sure it will time out, and you can't purchase it anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.