We can safely conclude FD-ISR is over?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by EASTER, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

With such the tremendous stir and attraction no one would want to be without that it made over the summer i assume it's safe enough now to conclude that FD-ISR is pretty much a washed up relic of it's former self for good, now that it's been ripped and conveniently dismembered courtesy it's latest distributor.

This is not just taking on some semblance of beating a dead horse but will serve for all of us the lesson that even the very best of softwares can in an instant of time quickly deteriorate to nothing and it's usefullness prove but fleeting and then removed from attention no matter it's usefulness or status as the pioneer it ascended to in raising the usefullness and preservation in taking the Windows system beyond all our wildest expectations at the time.

It's been a very comforting experience to have taken part in it's Genuine releases with ALL features it once offered.

My Requiem For A Now Dismissed Champion still to this day remain unmatched.

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

by the way do you have some copies made for future use,i suppose you have the Raxco version,if so bless you,cause the other resellers demand an serial to activate,i have questioned this with Software Pursuits a few weeks ago but until now no reply !?! And yes its sad but what lay ahead of us,maybe some rewrited incarnations of FDISR with ALL actions done from the current snapshot.[no need to reboot] Its only a guess but if someone can make it this way , i will more in awe then for a person throwing a thread trough the the eye of a needle from 100 miles away !!

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yep, my Raxco 205 version is safely tucked away. Still one of my best pieces of software.

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Likewise, safe and secure :D

5. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

That's why I decided to contact Raxco and get a the latest version in a complete download for installation instead of the two part software package I previously used. I had an earlier version plus an upgrade, but the earlier FD version would not install on a reinstalled Vista yesterday, so I obviously couldn't use the FD update.

I thought I be smart and use my archive to overcome previous troubles with Vista activation, but when my two part setup didn't work I had to figure out how to get FirstDefense on Vista so I could finally access my archive with Vista activation. Decided to use a FirstDefense demo and the rest is history...it worked.

Then contacted Raxco to get a complete installation package of FirstDefense instead of just a previous version and the latest upgrade. They kindly provided me with one. Whew.

6. WWS

WWS Registered Member

That's something I'd like to do.

I've got 4.0.100.1190 and 3.21 build 205 and a service contract until next July.
    Is there a version number for what they sent to you to ask for?

7. Peter2150

Ask for the complete installer for build 205

Pete

8. WWS

WWS Registered Member

OK

Thanks

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Mine is safely secured forever. I will never part with it even if they changed the internet to something else. I will always be able to enjoy multiple systems on my unit offline no matter what, and i'll feel just as strongly 20 years from now as i did the day i bought and installed it.

10. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Thanks Pete for providing a timely answer. :thumb:

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yup, they can take my FirstDefense Build 205 away from me when they can unwrap my cold, dead fingers from around it! :D

Acadia

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Is it portable and handhold ??

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

ROFLMAO. That speaks for itself.

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Well, I reckon that you could always burn the exe/install to CD along with the couple of upgrades/fixes, and THAT you could hold in your hand ... but the Song Remains the Same ...

Acadia

15. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

LOL
    I'm a member of that club too.
    It's not over for me. ;)

16. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

its also with me to hold this goody in high esteem as long as possible,but the advances in hotimaging,virtualisation and these things are an ever continuing story,so i guess after 10 years or so we barely remember these current toys,playing at that moment with stuff thats now beyond our imagination.

17. boonie

boonie Registered Member

Hey PoetWarrior, who did you send the request to? Tech Support or Customer Service?

18. Peter2150

Email Tech support. If you don't have a maintenance agreement, I don't know what they will do.

19. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I have read magazine articles that say in 5 years we will not even recognize the desktop PC. :eek:

Acadia

20. boonie

boonie Registered Member

Thanks Peter,

Unfortunately, my maintenance contract expired in August. Well, I'll email them anyway and see what happens.

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It's going to have to be something exceptionally more spectacular then the earth mover Leapfrog laid on us, because this appears one of those extremely rare occasions where an app has not only exhibited superior PROVEN potential thru perfect stability and feature but something that will continue just as useful well on thru time indefinite.

Luv the Authentic FD-ISR!!!! The cream of the crop in ISR!

22. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I know from experience what they do - nothing :)

23. Peter2150

Well if you don't have a maintanence contract, then there obligation is to do nothing. That is fairly clear at time of purchase. When I recently asked how long support would last for me, the answer was until your maintenance contract runs out. Simple.

24. Peter2150

One post removed as it suggested any version could be had from crack sites.

Pete

25. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Yeah, I know that. Now you also know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.