Wayne&Gavin

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Open Source, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Open Source

Open Source Guest

Wayne&Gavin
    IM extremely impressed by your Trojan software.

It is a bit heavier then IM use to but for all the extras you added quit worth it.

About the only thing I didn't like was The alert message it gives you every now and algain that is rather annoying.

"Alert there has been a change in registry press ctrl+a."

When I do so it gives me the same list over and over algain not specifically telling me what has truly change?

How is this useful?

I use Trojan check which most here well know that its an outdated software but seems to tell me or give me a clue of what has change in the registry by either giving me a smiley or? Mark and asking me if I want to allow the change saying that the key is OK.

Also in the start up files on Trojan check it gives you the option to view the back up and the actual file and there is a restore button which to me is better then deleting the key all together and instead restoring it to a previous time.

at $50 dollars I would expect Tds such a great software that I love and like to be able to do the same rather then show me the same message with no solution.

Its like someone yeahling fire I got the water holes but no one is telling me where the fire is.

another thing i liked about Trojan check was its report tab with clear text on everything
    TrojanCheck Report
       Compact report from 8/28/2002 10:48:41 PM

Registry run sections

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]

[Run]
       ScanRegistry   C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
       TaskMonitor   C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
       PCHealth   C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
       SystemTray   SysTray.Exe
       LoadPowerPro...   Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
       Hidserv   Hidserv.exe run
       WorksFUD   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
       Microsoft Wo...   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
       NAV Agent   C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE
       Hot Key Kbd ...   SK9910DM.EXE
       POINTER   point32.exe
       dla   C:\WINDOWS\system\dla\tfswctrl.exe
       BOCleanautos...   C:\PROGRA~1\NSCLEAN\BOCLEAN\BOCLEAN.EXE
       RealTray   C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
       Microsoft Wo...   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
       HP CD-DVD   C:\Program Files\HP CD-DVD\Umbrella\hpcdtray.exe
       CrazyTalk Se...   rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRAZYTALK.DLL,DllServeMediaFile

[RunOnce]

[RunOnceEx]

[RunServices]
       LoadPowerPro...   Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
       SchedulingAg...   mstask.exe
       SSDPSRV   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
       *StateMgr   C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
       ScriptBlocki...   "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
       GoBack Polli...   C:\Program Files\Adaptec\GoBack\GBPoll.exe
       ProtectBOC   BOCSEC.EXE

[RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]

[Run]
       Eraser   C:\PROGRAM FILES\ERASER\ERASER.EXE -hide

[RunOnce]

INI Dateien

[WIN.INI]

[load]

[run]

[SYSTEM.INI]

[shell]
       Explorer.exe

Autostart Gruppen

[Standard]
       GoBack.lnk » C:\Program Files\Adaptec\GoBack\GBMenu.exe
       Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk » C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
       Microsoft Office.lnk » C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
       Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk » C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
       Encoder Agent.lnk » C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMENCAGT.EXE

[All Users]

Shell-Open

EXE   "%1" %*
       COM   "%1" %*
       BAT   "%1" %*
       PIF   "%1" %*

perty clear

I was wondering if the new TDS-4 will have similar options that Trojan check has but more advance and up to date features?

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Hi there Open Source, to the best of my knowledge, the upcoming TDS-4 does indeed show/highlight the changed information in some way.

That was probably the most asked-for feature in TDS3. I agree, it should have had it from the start but hey, better late than never.

TDS4 promised to deliver many more features than just this ofcourse ;)

Regarding the report feature you have enquired about, I don't know. You'll ahve to wait for Gavin to come here with today's TDS-3's update.

TTFN

3. Open Source

Open Source Guest

Interesting show/highlight the changed information in some way and if it has a restore feature that in it self would be very much appreciated.   

What else can they possibly add to it?

It talks for crying out loud.

Only thing I can think of is a customizable interface but that's just unnecessary feature but I notice people love giving there things a personal touch to show there uniqueness.   

It would be nice to get a list from Wayne&Gavin a current list of Tds-3 And The upcoming Tds-4 features to compare side by side improvements or at least a taste of Tds- 4 so new consumers can purchase tds-3 and upgrade to TDS-4.
    I bet TDS-4 will be more that can only be the reason that they havent gave us any hints or straight facts on the new update we been waiting for.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That won't be the only reason most probably.
    Nothing wrong with registering TDS-3 now, enjoying it with all the advanced security and upgrade to 4 when it's there for the same price. Most certainly if you expect the version 4 to be higher in price!

5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Hello Open Source, and thanks for your comments and suggestions.

As others have mentioned, TDS4 isn't too far away now. We've been developing TDS4 for well over a year now, this has involved a lot of intensive research in mostly undocumented areas. The result - TDS4 is brutally powerful against trojans and worms, like nothing else I've ever seen, but it has taken a lot of research, analysis, testing, trial and error to get it to this stage. Such things can't happen overnight :) - but we've made them happen. TDS customers will reap the rewards of our work later this year when they get their hands on the various TDS4 programs (there are three in the series -- TDS4 Advanced Scanner, TDS4 Active Guard, and TDS4 Professional). Licensed TDS3 users will be upgraded to TDS4 Professional free of charge. In the meantime, TDS3 remains the most powerful and configurable anti-trojan around, but we won't be extending it any further, as doing so will delay the release of TDS4.

We've got a huge wishlist that has been built up over the last couple of years in regards to TDS3, and these wishes have been taken into consideration during the development of all three TDS4 programs. If when we release TDS4 you don't find the features you're after, please email us your request and we'll see what we can do about it - we add features because customers want them, not because we want them.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
    Wayne

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Wow a reply from the main man wooooooo hoooooo

but wait you telling blaze he can upgreade TDS4 Professional free of charge

but blaze has to buy the TDS4 Advanced Scanner, TDS4 Active Guard lol i knew something was up

or you plan on saleing all 3 at difrent prices example

tds scanner 25 bucks tds guard 35 bucks tds 4 pro includes guard and advance scaner 60 bucks something like that

or no guard and no scaner 50 bucks tds 4 lol

7. Open Source

Open Source Guest

Thank you Wayne for replying to this post I have been eagerly anticipating a response.

And I am very happy with your statement I much alprechiate it wish we saw more of you here but your a busy man.

That is big new's 3 new application the names say it all.

Let's see The TDS4 active guard is? IM just guessing here so pleas don't take this badly in any way IM thinking aTds version Boclean type thing where its active like ants guard.

TDS4 Advanced Scanner IM thinking simply a Trojan remover for those people that don't want all the extras IM guessing also a more affordable price does it have execution protection as well?

IM really interested in the TDS4 active guard   
    will it be able to fight off polymorphic and metamorphic Trojans and viruses that   
    decompile Portable Executable files to its smallest elements,    
    insert itself into the code: that moves code blocks out of the way, inserts itself, regenerates code and data references, including relocation information, and rebuilds the executable occasionally inserting jump instructions.

Sorry about that IM like a child at TOYS R US

8. Open Source

Open Source Guest

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm either there silence says everything or my question has no real foundation?

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Patience.... These guys are so occupied we are already glad with one answer :)
    And knowing their [products generally spoken, nothing and none of them is simply something, it's always full with invents and new functionalities long time ahead of others, if there ever would be something to compare it with.
    But don't worry, before any seems to come close there are new invents for us to play with.
    You like interesting toys, don't you?

10. Open Source

Open Source Guest

Jooske i see another lady hello how are you and thank you for your reply's

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Open Source, nice to see you jumping around in the forums and asking burning questions! Always good to learn from them and their answers.
    I'm ok, you too?

It's remarkable indeed more women found their ways to the computers and internet and taking security serious.

12. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Nice prices ;)

Ciao,

Smokey

13. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

NOTE: The following is just an educated guess.

It seems to me that what is meant is this:

TDS4 Advanced Scanner -> possibly just an on-demand hard-drive scanner
    TDS4 Active Guard -> just an on-access scanner
    TDS4 Professional -> combines the two products noted above plus (possibly) some other features :)

Since all TDS3 Professional users get the free upgrade to TDS4 Professional - you won't have to buy either of the other two products.

Again, this is just an educated guess - but it seems fairly logical to me :).

-Javacool

14. Mr.Blaze

that sounds perty cool to me i hope your right hate to miss out on that tds guard drewwwwwwwwwwwllll.

plus if its true i know alot of knewbys that would want the scaner and the guard tds profistional is to high tech for newbys i sugest an upgrade feel like most companys.

so basicly when your ready to move on to the very best purchase an upgrade to tds pro.

sounds relly good to me

15. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I can confirm this, but not the prices.

16. Mr.Blaze

lol the prices are the best you cant do any better then the prices i mentioned you can only do worst by raising them lol i candt see people spending 40 or 50 on a active guard can you lol.

and you cant lower the prices cause you wouldnt make anything off it cause the credit card company that sales stuff onlygives you like 20% of the money.

so my prices are the best mawhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

any cheaper and it would be criminal any more expensive it be high way robbery stickem up blaze pull out squirt gun lol.

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Heya MrBlaze,
    let the guys please first build the stuff so we can get to beta testing. How ever can you decide the value of a product without knowing it and without having seen it at all? We don't know nothing about the content then a possible name for it.
    I might remind you also, other at/av and fw software most of time is a licence for one year only and needs yearly renewance no matter if it is for updating databases, support or the rights to use the stuff at all and no matter if it's a forced renewing for upgrading the software to a newer version and the older is no longer supported, whatever. I must not think of keeping the support of version 1, 2, 3 besides 4 as i guess all will prefer 4 once it's there.
    Besides that, i don't know of any suite with so many tools included: others would probably give a few combinations or plugins or lose modules, and here we have them all in one and as Wayne described even a few new tools in the build, working all seemless together.
    So start putting aside your dimes and pennies as i'm sure from the description we all are going to love and wanting those new gems.

You wrote you like beta testing very much.
    So to make things better for you, i'll provide you today with a link to a free nice tool to have your pages and documents read for you out loud with your favorite msagent; it has really nothing to do with DCS and it is not even build in Australia, but it is still nice and you can have your TDS and other output read with it and telling you the time and it might take some voice commands. This is the deskbot (free beta) from Gordon Bell (the creator of MASH) and i'd say test it out and have him know your resuls via one of the msagents newsgroups which you know to find.
    http://www.bellcraft.com/deskbot/
    The very advanced part for such a thing is it even reads excel-cells and word as well as txt files, pages, your clipboard once it's changed. You can change the voice and voice settings, anyway, now you can have your pages and output read for you.
    Have fun with it! Happy beta-testing! :)

18. Mr.Blaze

Jooske   
    How ever can you decide the value of a product without knowing it and without having seen it at all   

blaze
    yup i relly can due to a hurting econmy and as a genral person i can tell you what people are willing to spend and are not.

i may not know grammer puncuation or even correct spelling   but one thing blaze does know is monnnnnneyyyyyyyy yeah baby money money money.

look i even have a happy consumer

Smokey
    Nice prices       

blaze   
    you couldnt beat my prices with a nuke lol   

and if you notice my prices are a bit higher then those avs that offer the same in a active guard or a scanner why/

simply cause of name reconition tds logo means the very best and thats why trhe prices are a little more up

lol can you actualy beat these prices
    tds scanner 25 bucks
    tds guard 35 bucks
    tds 4 pro includes guard and advance scaner 60   

yup im all that and a bag of chips when it come to affordable prices lol
    also in some cases cheaper is better when you have more then one product i can see newbys buying the scaner then the active guard almost imidiatly cantyou=)

19. Open Source

Open Source Guest

I personally do not care what the prices are.

IM more intrigue with them coming out and what they have to offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.