Wayne , Gavin registry protection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

hi guys tds has always come out with some of the best software as well as free tools.

you and pepi and nancy and javahcool have always provided top notch freebies as well as payware.

my qustion is this was registry protection made befor windows xp cause there seems to be a glitch if you run it with xp

hold on im run it now and show you

Attached Files:

2. Mr.Blaze

there is one here comes 2

Attached Files:

3. Mr.Blaze

see the prblem isthis i get those two warnings every time i start reistry protection and continuless every hmm 40 seconds or so maybe a minute

so basicly i get those continues warnings on a never ending loop

im useing registry protection 2.0 i think it supose to be latest one

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's a strange problem. :doubt:

I run RegProt 2.0 on my XP system and it works fine. If some key gets added or changed, I get that same type warning and which ever option I choose, to allow it or block it, gets done and it's over.

The only time I get multiple warnings is if the software in question keeps trying to add the same key over and over itself. (MS Word does this to me, atleast partially. When I open Word I get two alerts for the same key, but I think it tries it twice. I've never had one loop over and over.)

Now I saw your other thread about the different startups you are trying to clean out. Are the two programs involved here still running when you try to block these keys from getting added? Have you tried killing the processes altogether first, then answering the RegProt alerts?

You may want to try disabling RegProt altogether. Make the key adjustments with msconfig, setting things as you want. Perhaps even rebooting and then restarting RegProt and see if that settles it all down.

5. Mr.Blaze

will with the crazy talk its just like that endless

inever had this problem on windows me and its the same app not sure if the other one is windows me or only exclusive to xp ?

so im guessing its a strange glitch worst then the microsoft word one

i mean its an active glitch which is on a continuess loop

will i need to kinda know if it ok to get rid of crazy talk serv key with out really effecting the crazy talk program

ive deleted keys befor that didnt hurt thr program it just got them straight off my start up list

i dont know about that other one

6. Mr.Blaze

well the crazytalk one is now gone thx to you for the advice in tenford and my pc is still running better
    but i cand get rid of that sytimatic quick and safe one cause that belongs to norton 2003 works and deleting that from start up wouldnt that be a bad ideal if not im all for it lol

7. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi MR.Blaze,

According to StartupsList, it does not need to be there.

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?filter=CrazyTalk+Serve&count=&type=

"N" - Not required - typically infrequently used tasks that can be started manually if necessary

8. Vietnam Vet

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?filter=QD+FastandSafe&count=&type=

They are referring to Norton/Quarterdeck Cleansweep. Is that what you have?

9. Mr.Blaze

yup i have norton 2003 comes with cleansweep but i never use clean sweep features

10. Vietnam Vet

That being the case, according to them, no need to run all the time. Just run it manually if you ever decide to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.