Watch Your Back!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have been using Watch Your Back from Grinning Shark Software for a few years now to add security and various functions to Outlook. This app needs to be registered after one month. The registration process is online - guess it checke the reg key withn a database of known users. Trouble is the company has stopped trading so when I try to regiter my copy it wont work. I understand the author made a special version just before they stopped trading which did not require registration - so it would work after they closed the site - trouble is i dont have this version. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can download it?

Many thanks

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

have not seen any place out there you can get it at this time.

Watch Your Back!

Description:

Watch Your Back! will safely remove a read receipt without the sender knowing that you removed it. When a read receipt is detected, you can be alerted to its presence, remove the read receipt, or read the message without the sender knowing that your message has been read.

Version: 4.20

Size: 570KB

Date: May 26, 2001

License: Shareware $12

Interface languages:

Watch Your Back 4.20 (Grinning Shark Software .) Download for PC Watch Your Back works with Microsoft Outlook to protect your privacy and block attachments that might carry viruses. For example, the Read Receipt feature of Microsoft Mail and Exchange lets a sender know when you've read a particular e-mail. If you're not comfortable with that, Watch Your Back 4.20 will remove read receipts completely or let you choose which messages to acknowledge. This version of the software adds some other handy in-box protection features, such as automatic attachment removal and a quarantine that protects your in-box from viruses and oversized attachments; an HTML shield that strips e-mail of resource-hogging graphics, formatting, and scripts; and a duplicate blocker that deletes multiple copies of a single email message.

Grinning Shark Software ceased operations on December 31st, 2004.

All service, support, activations and registrations related to the
    Watch Your Back! software ceased at the end of January, 2005.

We hope all our registered users took advantage of our email
    offer and had a chance to download the special version of the software
    that was designed to work even after our operations ceased.

Thank you all for being our customers!

By the way... Dad 1.0 was just released and is running fine! :)

3. Primrose

4. Korodore

Korodore Registered Member

I have also tried looking for you and there does not appear to be any other version available than the time limited variant.

One particular forum I visited had a post from a registered user who had taken advantage of the email offer. In his post he stated that the software/website owner had asked for the unregistered version not to be posted on the web or shared. I guess that removes any download options.

One final thought, a lot of software has either a website link or an email address embedded somewhere (usually under Help or About). If there is an email link try emailing the person, you may get lucky.

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Are there any other apps which:

1)remove web bugs / tracking from email
    2)remove and stora attachments

6. Primrose

I do not use Microsoft Outlook..but seem that in outlook express..some of the functions that Watch your back can do..are available as check marks in boxes with in OE to do some of the same things.

also
    READ the attached link

How to really..Disable the preview pane in Outlook express 6.

Question:
    I have unchecked an option called automatically download msg when viewing in the preview pane, but the msg still appears in the preview pane when I click the msg header from the above pane.There is still something else missingo_O?
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3388034~root=security,1~mode=flat

7. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Thanks for that, but I want some way to remove web bugs and similar tracking options etcwhen an email is actually read.

Any ideas?

8. Primrose

Only this..and have no idea how safe it is..

Outlook Helper

Free Outlook 2000 (and above) add-in to save images from messages, automatically save incoming file attachments to a folder, show an alert for suspected viruses, and perform common tasks on selected messages, forward to distribution lists and omit the sender, etc.

http://www.outlookhelper.com/olh_main.asp?

here is the version history on that one.

http://www.outlookhelper.com/olh_VersionHistory.asp

and the FAQ's

http://www.outlookhelper.com/olh_Faq.asp

also....

Managing Duplicate Emails

You use the delete key on all duplicate messages. I do that a lot. Just look at the SENT timestamp on the message and delete all duplicate ones. Doesn't take long to delete them at all.

The other idea is to use the Digest. Then you get ONE message dump per day. And you can still use the Del key.

This is old,,I did not know they had two versions at one time.

Watch Your Back!
    In a nutshell, WYB! will safely remove a read receipt without the sender knowing that you removed it. When a read receipt is detected, you can be alerted to its presence, remove the read receipt, or read the message without the sender knowing that your message has been read. If you'd like to see some of these features in action, after reading about them, an online tour is available. Two versions of WYB! are provided with the standard installation. The add-in version integrates into the Microsoft Exchange, Windows Messaging or Microsoft Outlook desktop. The taskbar version works as a standalone application and offers compatibility with a wide range of email clients and configurations (including some non-Microsoft email clients).

http://www.internet-magazin.de/common/dtt/file.php3?areaid=6&fileid=7e8

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  9. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

From the look of it, none of these works with Outlook. I need an app to block web bugs in email.

Cheers

10. skarecrow

skarecrow Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.