'Watch DNS calls' causes Trillian to crash

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by doonyakka, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doonyakka

doonyakka Registered Member

Whenever the 'Watch DNS calls' feature is enabled, Trillian (the 'universal' IM client) crashes on startup. The crash occurs just as Trillian starts loading the IM service plugins. If I load Trillian with plugins disabled, it loads OK, but activating a service plugin results in a crash.

I am using LnS 2.05p3 with v3.0.0.5 of the lnsfw1.sys driver, on WinXP SP2.

Is there a generic solution to this type of problem?

Cheers,
    doonyakka

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

3. doonyakka

Thanks for your reply, Thomas :)

I think the issue I'm having is different from the one referred to in that post, however. I had also experienced the LnS/Trillian lock-up, so I added all the DLLs manually. The problem I'm talking about only occurs with 'Watch DNS calls' enabled, and it causes a Trillian crash, not a lock-up. LnS isn't affected by these crashes. Any ideas?

As 'Watch DNS calls' is still in beta, I'm hoping LnS v2.06 will sort this out.

Anyway, thanks!

doonyakka

4. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

5. doonyakka

Ah yes, I should have mentioned. DEP is activated for all programs except those specified. Strangely enough, I've had no problems with 'Watch thread injections' and DEP, at least after I specified Generic Host Process for Win32 Services and Spooler Subsystem in the DEP exclusion list.

OK, at least now I know what the problem is! Thanks Thomas :) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.