Was updating to v 4.5 mandatory?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by valoprube, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valoprube

valoprube Registered Member

It seems that I had to update to v 4.5 to continue to use SpywareBlaster. Is this correct? Do I have to update to the new version of SpywareBlaster every time there is a new release or is v 4.5 a special case?

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Considering there are long waits between versions it's not really a hardship to download and install over the top. Is it?

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

A new version isn't coming out every month from my experience so it's not that often :)

Edit: I see Ade1 beat me :p

4. valoprube

valoprube Registered Member

Thanks. I didn't mean to be critical. I just wanted confirmation. And the updates, as you said, are not that frequent. This is a good and very reliable product, so I don't mind this small inconvenience. Anything contributing to the continuing excellence of this software is fine by me.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Currently, SpywareBlaster version updates are indeed mandatory. (They often tweak the way updates are handled / downloaded, and have other important bug fixes and enhancements, so it's important that everyone has the latest release.)

If you have AutoUpdate, it can automatically upgrade when new versions of SpywareBlaster are released. (It's also a great way to help support continued development of the software.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.