Was there a NOD32 update today?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vault, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vault

vault Registered Member

I was AFK earlier today, and I get back and I see a NOD32 update, I have to reboot to update whatever program components? Trying to see exactly what was updated?

from the log: Time Module Event User
    3/2/2007 16:54:15 PM Update NOD32 program components have been updated successfully. For changes to take effect, a computer restart is required.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It was issued yesterday actually.
    Program components update so your copy of NOD32 will be upgraded to 2.70.32 after a reboot.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi vault. Don't know what was your previous version of NOD32 but today it definitely upgraded to v 2.70.32 . When there is a program component upgrade , a reboot is definitely necessary .
    More about NOD32 2.7 here
    http://www.eset.com/company/article.php?contentID=1836
    :)

4. vault

vault Registered Member

thanks guys, i had 2.7 already, guess it wasn't .32 :)

5. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Mine got upgraded from 2.70.23 to 2.70.32. I guess you're using either 2.70.16 or 2.70.23 because they're the only predecessors in 2.70 series. :D

6. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

I was upgraded from 2.5. When I clicked on "Restart" my computer "blue screened" (amon.sys crashed). After manually restarting, my system came up ok.

7. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

For me this was also the first update that did not go through without hiccups. I am wondering if this upgrade is done differently than the "regular" ones? As mentioned in my earlier thread [​IMG] I was not even sure that NOD was doing an update. Process Guard jumped in to alert me but due to the description of the update being unclear and NOD normally having full authorisation for Process Guard, I denied this until I had time to look for more info.
    I later checked the log file and noticed that NOD had indeed tried an update that I had stopped. I then forced a manual update and noticed not only did PG jump in again but afterwards my firewall also alerted me to various changes. I don't remember this from before either.
    So has this upgrade component been done in a different way than previous "minor" upgrades that seem to run in the background without me noticing them at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.