Was the image creation successful (TI 8.0)?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Solittle, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solittle

Solittle Registered Member

I am attempting my first full disk image creation using TI version 8.0 build 786 on a Windows XP Pro desktop with two hard drives. I have used version 7.0 successfully for about a year. I used the default options. The creation appeared to run succesfully in that the drop down screen with the % completion bars seemed to run normally to 100%. I did not get a confirmation screen that the image was created successfully. I checked the log and the last entry was - Pending operation - 104 started "creating partition image." There were no indications of an error but no indications that it was successful either. A tif file was created but is somewhat smaller than I anticipated.

When I went to shut down the computer I got a message about some kind of Acronis problem (I forget the detail) as part of the windows shut down process.

Any clues? I am concerned as I don't want to rely on a faulty backup and don't know how to check it.

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

The software has a feature to verify the image. Run the verification and see if it's corrupt image file....

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Solittle,

First of all, restart TI and create a new image. Hopefully this will then complete and exit properly. Secondly, I would strongly recommend that you update to the latest build (791). Earlier builds had intermittent problems with the Acronis scheduler services (needed to create images) not starting or not stopping/exiting properly.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.