Warning when using file-based backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SirDracula, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirDracula

SirDracula Registered Member

Acronis TI 9.0 build 2337

I have a scheduled task to back up all files from my D:\ partition (which is a local drive). Every time the task runs I see this warning in the logs:

Failed to log on to network path "D:\", with the user name "". Details:
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)

Here's how it shows up in the XML log file:

Code:
    <event id="11" type="3" module="11" code="0" time="1142787169" message="Failed to log on to network path &quot;D:\&quot;, with the user name &quot;&quot;. Details:
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)"/>

Any ideas? D:\ is clearly not a network path as the error message claims. The backup is also sent to a local drive (external USB drive, FAT32), so there's no network involved here. D:\ is an NTFS partition (Win XP Pro) if that makes a difference.

thank you for your help

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I tried a couple of Files and Folders backups the other day and I noticed that I got that message too. I forgot about pursuing it - so you aren't the only one. I only get it with a Files and Folders backup and I was doing the save locally. I got it with 2 different drives listed, one C and one with J.

3. SirDracula

The backup task seems to work even with the warning. I hope the backup is fine and the message is harmless.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SirDracula and seekforever,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. SirDracula

Anyone else has seen this problem?

What Acronis Support wants is a hassle, this should be pretty easy to reproduce. And yes, I'm using build 2337 already as posted in my error report.

6. ba2

ba2 Registered Member

yeah me too!

7. SirDracula

Which build are you using? I haven't tried 3567 yet, I'll wait a little bit before upgrading as it seems like a more significant release, not just a simple patch and from what I read some people have problems with this build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.