Warning for potential HP DL380 G4 users

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SlickBag, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlickBag

SlickBag Registered Member

I learned this the hard way...

TrueImage for Servers (version 7 and 8 ) does not work with the new HP Proliant DL 380 G4 servers in Windows 2000. Windows 2003 does work. I have tested various builds and configuration, and it is unable to make a backup of the drive. Gives an error about "Disk in use or corrupt sector". I have tried several different machines and hard drives - they all yield the same result. I believe this is a problem with the new 6i controller and driver.

I am posting this message to warn potential purchasers. I made the mistake of expecting TI to "just work" cause it has worked so well in the past. Seriously, I have had very little problems with it - this is the first time I have seen any version of TI flat out refuse to make a backup of a RAID volume from within Windows.

Anyway - just trying to help out the folks out there.
    SlickBag

2. SlickBag

SlickBag Registered Member

FYI - for those that care...

The lastest versions of 7/8/Enterpise now work with the HP Proliant G4 models. Thanks Acronis for fixing this.

SlickBag.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SlickBag,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please note that Acronis True Image uses Windows drivers when is launched under Windows. It seems that the reason is not Acronis software especially since it doesn't work only with Windows 2000.

Could you please do the following on the computer where Acronis True Image doesn't work?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to support@acronis.com.

This would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and develop the fix for it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.