Warning about ThreatFire.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tallin, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

ThreatFire Updated to 4.5.20

For those that are interested, I just received an update of ThreatFire to version 4.5.20 from 4.5.17. It came through auto update and required a reboot. Could not find a change log.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Re: ThreatFire Updated to 4.5.20

Good find. Keep us posted on how it goes and if any problems occur, e.g. any detections you get.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Will do. I just recently installed ThreatFire 4.5. It's been running without any problems for the last 2 weeks. My computer stays on 24/7. Haven't heard a peep out of ThreatFire yet. No warnings at all, real or false. No alerts from that last major Windows Update last week either. It updates pretty much daily. I've had issues with ThreatFire in the past but I'm pleased at how the 4.5 versions are running.

4. raven211

Great to hear. I'm running 4.5 myself now as they've been active in the forum today, clearing out the things they've been fixing as people have had lots of problems with it lately. Really smooth when testing it against a low-risk threat; HotBar. As it's considered a low-risk and pretty easy to find, I find it very good to test. Say for example that a program lets it through because it's indeed a low-risk at first. Well, then I expect it to still block what IS considered high-risk. Many software fail there, and I consider that pretty stupid. Starting the installation? Fine, but being unable to block what should always be blocked is just pure failure IMO. Anyway, now it's working just as it should and very fast - no reboot required anymore. The program which did fail on this IMO was SAS Pro. I run the setup, it lets it go on - okay then - I continue, say that I wanna use the free ad-sponsored version. I let it finish, see some pure adware running down in my tray. I also see some block alerts from SAS's real-time protection, then I run a quick scan. Only that picks up a bunch of things that the program indeed consider as high-risk. Not good IMO, not good...

5. raven211

That's good to know, but wasn't that once you'd applied a custom rule that's available for selection by default? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.