Wanted a very good internal memory program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Image, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Image

Image Registered Member

Can anybode help me with a tip on a very good internal memory program that will increase the pc speed.

I use now PerfectDisk 6 from raxco and it increases indeed my pc speed.

I like using software that makes the pc run faster so any tip is very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    If by pc speed you mean performance, the best way to do it is: more ram, and if you wanna stress your processor - overclocking. You will not gain anything from using optimizers if you use windows 2k/xp. XP is rather good in allocating resources.
    Mrk

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

other than what Mrkvonic said, id suggest perhaps updating to perfectdisk 7 and using a program like ccleaner to rid temp and other junk files from ur computer. ive never tried it, but u may want to consider PCPitstop Optimize. their forums could also help u understand teh tests, overclock ur PC, and just overall optimize its performance.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I suggest to try the eval version of PC-Booster V4, which worked surprisingly well on my various OS (Win98 and XP). The trick is just to install it and then only use default settings. The demo version doesn't really expire, but it's very crippled and has some splash screens you cannot remove. Anyway, even crippled, I was getteing the impression of a real improvement, even if it's more an impression than a proven fact.

You can download the demoversion from download.com or from the "bluesquad" website.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.