Want to try FD-ISR!!!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Vaikz, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You have to write a ticket and ask for FDISR with the freeze function, otherwise you get FDISR without freeze function.
    I never went back to an older version, but if I would, I would assume that FDISR can handle this.
    Must be easy to test this out, if you have a good Image Backup software.

Some users replaced the freeze function with Returnil or Deepfreeze, which also freeze your snapshot.

2. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I did get the older version with 'freeze' after writing a ticket, and got all excited.
    I had already installed their latest version (without 'freeze'). You're right, I think using Shadow Defender and Sandboxie is fine as all of my drives can be protected -- and I don't have to uninstall anything. But I'm glad to have the version with the 'freeze' function in case I want to use it in the future.

3. witness

witness Registered Member

You definitely got it just in time! I'm currently trialling the software (with the intent to buy of course). I put in a ticket yesterday and they replied today telling me that they were planning on discontinuing sales of FD-ISR by the end of the week :'(

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Good grief, that is a strong decision. I'm not surprised though. FDISR is a serious competitor of HDS's flagship "Rollback Rx", that's why FDISR has to be terminated.

5. witness

witness Registered Member

Agreed but from a business decision it makes sense. I just hope I can nab the freeze version before they close up shop!

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Unfortunately there still lingers with me that uneasy feeling Leapfrog is become stagnant in this Post-FD-ISR period. It's very strange how such an advanced innovation as FD is proven out, has slipped completely into different hands and borders on becoming simply a flash-in-the-pan product.

The 10 snapshot feature of FD-ISR with it's life/time saving archives feature is been a highlight trait and one can only sit back helplessly as it turns into a lesser featured release now.

:isay:

7. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

Yes, it is very sad and frustrating. Puzzling too, why Leapfrog would allow this.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not puzzling at all. Answer is simple - no sales. Also I doubt that leapfrog is stagnent. Probably working on something that strengthens the server market.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well AFAIK, if they never released another end user product again, i wish them nothing but success in whatever market they enter.

In FD-ISR, IMHO, they've pioneered the FIRST complete recovery apparatus to ever really say goodbye to System Restore short of an imaging app, while throwing in 10 complete & individual (systems) snapshots to enhance a users FREEDOM of expression! and choice!

:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.