Want Disk Cleanser w/o Privacy Expert

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by twokatmew, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

I am a registered using of TI Home 9 and now Disk Director 10. I am a home user, and it sure would be nice to be able to create a recovery CD that contains TI9, DD10, and Disk Cleanser. I already have privacy/antimalware software that I like just fine. But I would really like a utility to wipe a disk before I toss it or hand it off to someone else. I downloaded PE and discovered that it's impossible to install just the Disk Cleanser portion of the suite, and I don't get the option to create a CD containing all three Acronis programs. Since I'm not a corporate user, I really don't want to spend $50 for a piece of another software suite, i.e., Disk Cleanser 6. I wouldn't mind buying the whole PE suite if I could install just the software I wanted. But the PE installer isn't that flexible. Seems to me that a disk wipe utility belongs in the Disk Director suite, anyway. There's other software out there, but most want to run off a floppy and wipe *every* drive in the computer. I'd just like to wipe one when I upgrade, as my computer always has more than one internal drive. Opinions?

Thanks and Regards,

Margaret

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for using Acronis products.

Unfortunately you can't create Bootable Media containing Acronis True Image, Acronis Disk Director and Acronis Drive Cleanser together, because of incompatibility of Acronis Privacy Expert and Acronis True Image\Acronis Disk Director media creator.

Our Development Team is working on this option and it is expected to be implemented in future.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Oleg Churkin

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

How about being able to install just the Disk Cleanser part of Privacy Expert? As I said, I don't want the other parts, though I might use the shredder, I suppose. Since I'm a home user and very seldom wipe disks, I hate to have to buy a corporate product for more $$ to get just the part of the software package I want.

Thanks and Regards,

Margaret

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Margaret,

Could you please send the letter with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com indicating that you want to contact Oleg Churkin?

And I will try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Oleg Churkin.

5. Ikester

Ikester Registered Member

Why not provide the solution right here? Others may well be interested in such an option as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.