W98SYS.EXE

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arrowsmithmidwest, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

Has anyone had any experience with this virus, i was onsite this morning with a client and i checked his NOD virus log, it had about 20 viruses just that morning alone, half netsky and half keyloggers.

Anyway his computer kept coming up with this error, "W98SYS.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown, send error report or not etc."

So i researched that file on net and most antiviruses came up with a description of the virus. It is a type of keylogger. So i found some manual instructions to remove the virus. It was all ok then, the client informed me though that that same error had been coming up for about 3-4 months now!!!

Had NOD forgotten about this virus or had NOD already cleaned it but left the other files laying around which caused these error msgs to pop upo_O

And im sorry i did not keep the file for analyzing. i deleted it. Anyone got any thoughts on this file/virus?
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.