w32/sality.nau and it goes on and on and on

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aquaa, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquaa

aquaa Registered Member

This is my first time i am posting a thread and new user of eset nod32. i am highly impressed with teh performance it was giving and also system resource friendly.

It was when i scanned a usb drive and scanned it with nod32. it caught w32/sality.nau virus and from that point further it caught many more exe files in my system which were from trusted and installed products/softwares. it went on quarntining those files and deleted all of them from quarantine. after that i decided to scan the system in safe mode. to my surprise my system refused to start in safe mode too. now i m scanning my system with ethernet connection disabled and now its not showing any more warnings. kinldy tell if anybody else got this w32/sality.nau virus problem and afterwards all exe of your trusted applications got corrupted....

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you want to start in Safe Mode , you can use the MSCONFIG utility in Windows

Windows XP => Start -> Run -> type msconfig and press [ENTER].
    Windows Vista => Vista button -> in the Search line type msconfig and press [ENTER] to start it.

In the "Boot" tab you can choose the appropriate options.

More information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

Permanent solution to fix the F8 way to enter Safe Mode is to perform Repair of your Windows OS

Sality is a virus/file infector.If NOD32 has no cleaning algorythm it will offer you to delete the infected file. ESET Labs should check the files and create a way for NOD32 actually clean file infected files,if possible.

ESET NOD32 doesn't automatically remove files from the Quarantine . Perhaps you did it manually . If there are some files left still in your Quarantine , temporary disable NOD32 , zip the infected files in an archive and send it to ESET for further analysis . The address is samples@eset.com
    http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=141

In case the email doesn't work , upload it to an FTP server as mentioned here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1381799&postcount=21

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you install EAV v4 (currently available as beta) on a clean computer and create a rescue cd which you can use to disinfect system files. After you've cleaned out all infected files, install EAV v4 which has cleaning as well as scanning of removable media improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.