vulnerable to ID theft > most office of small businesses

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by buffet, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffet

buffet Registered Member

We witness most of US small offices being easy to be ripped off digitally. They do not have even a competent network technician to set up their network and secure them. For examples, law offices use wireless networking devices with all default settings which use default router password, file-sharing, no wap even no wep for wireless networking. We witnessed some office users even tried connecting to other wireless AP in the building to do their stuff which were not known their boxes being exposes to that network.

Hackers do not need to find so much secure places; they can come such to grab things easy.

Any ideas!

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    1. Non-MS networks.
    2. Smarter employees.
    3. Smarter IT guys.
    4. If Windows is a must, security policies to lock down machines.
    Mrk

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Buffet:

I can't tell from your post if you are working for an office such as you describe a hackers dream so I will assume you are.

When you see that your employer has this exposure you have a fiduciary duty in common law to inform them of the risks and suggest steps to lock it down. Offer at least to fix the psw's on the wireless routers!

If they won't listen, put it in writing and backup your own work!

This is all you can do under common law as an employee.

That is my idea anyway. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.