VSS Can't read volume data Drive Backup 9.0 Paid

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by littlejimmyweb, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlejimmyweb

littlejimmyweb Registered Member

I really appreciate help using my paid Paragon DriveBackup 9.0

Attempting to create a complete image of my C: to an external USB drive I receive an error ""VSS: Can't read volume data." and the process halts.

I researched & followed this forum's "Backup error 0x12016" thread of May 16, and downloaded the Seagate tools, ran them & found I do have errors on my Hard Drive.

My computer although old, still runs fine. It was reformatted & had everything reinstalled just several months ago. After the power went off a couple nights ago, I thought it would be good to create an image before problems arose so here I am.

Question, If my hard drive errors are not fixable by the manufacturers tools, is there another way to create an image? I'' be replacing the hard drive soon, but would like to image the existing rather than having to rebuild from scratch all over again.

eMachines
    1.4G Pentium 4
    512M RAM
    40 G Maxtor Harddrive (verified bad areas)

thanks, little jimmy

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

little jimmy,

First of all, check file system:
    * open Command prompt
    * type:
    CHKDSK C: /f
    press Enter
    * this operation require restart, schedule it to run before next start and restart your PC

Then switch to Paragon Hot Processing:
    - Open Paragon program in full scale
    - Go to Tools-Settings-Hot Processing Options
    - Check if "Enable Hot Processing" is selected
    - Choose Paragon Hot Processing in Hot processing technology section
    - Select "Use hot processing only when partition is locked"
    - Press OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.