VPN speed on wireless (problem)

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Phil McCrevis, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

For the most part I use ivpn.net and really like their service (very fast and never down). One of the things I really like is the fact that I can use the same account with multiple machines even at the same time as long as it's off the same ip address.

My connection speed while my PC is attached via Ethernet cable non vpn is around 25mbps and 22-24mbps while connected to the ivpn (very little drop in speed). I have a desktop PC upstairs (using an edimax wireless adapter) and the non VPN speed is basically the same around 25mbps however when I connect to ivpn the speed is consistently around 8-9mbps?

I downloaded and tried security kiss and also privatetunnel, their was very little drop in speed (still over 20mbps) on my upstairs PC. Any ideas as to why I am seeing such slow speeds while using ivpn with wireless? Thinking it has something to do with the tap adapter however I'm not sure.

Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I had slow wifi speeds with vpn once. I can't remember exactly, but it turned out to be one of those advanced settings in the wifi driver. You know, when you click Properties>Configure>Advanced tab for the adapter. WMM, Turbo, I can't remember, but changing one of them got the speeds back. Wireless settings on the router would be my next stop.

PD

3. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

I tried messing around with that but had no luck, thanks though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.