VOPT now freeware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PaulBB, Jul 29, 2016.

1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

2. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Thank you for mentioning it, I will try it. R.I.P. Howard Barry Emerson.
    Drag and drop for moving individual files to new disk locations seems really unique. Anyone know other, small defragmenters with this feature?

3. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

R.I.P.
    Code:
    Howard Barry Emerson

4. layman

layman Registered Member

I am extremely sorry to hear of the death of Emerson. Vopt was from its first release an extraordinary piece of software, and it remains my preferred defragger. The most recent version was released mebbe seven or eight years ago, but this just exemplifies how solid Emerson's workmanship was. The product didn't require frequent releases because it was well-conceived and remarkably free of defects. It moved from one version of Windows to the next without a ruffle. I bought a five-machine license back before the Dawn of Time, and it was honored up to the present day. The product was always noted for having the most barebone of Web sites, and I was aware that the site blinked out recently. Then it blinked back on. Now I know why. Emerson was an Old School developer who knew a thing or two about producing software that actually works. RIP HBE

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

too bad, RIP man!

very nice, handy and small defragger, best i still use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.