VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Ok, I am going to try to catch up on all of the posts that I missed. Obviously since the freeze issue is fixed, I will skip anything relating to that issue. Thank you guys for your help, and sorry it took so long to fix.

BTW, the last week or so, I have been working on VoodooAi Version 2.0... it should be ready in a couple of weeks. There is a coder named Alexander who is helping me with the feature extraction code, and I am working on the Machine Learning / Ai stuff, along with collecting samples for the training data sets. Most of the grunt work is out of the way now, so we should be good to go.

So I am going to catch up on the posts now... it looks like I need to start on page 486, so this might take a while. After I catch up on the posts this time, things should go back to normal, and I should be able to keep up on the posts daily. If I missed anything important, please let me know! Thank you guys!

2. VoodooShield

Yeah, while VS had the freeze issue, it was important for the user to be able to kill VS in the task manager, just in case it froze. We will be adding self protection soon... although, there are already some self protection mechanisms in place. I am not sure what you are asking in question 2, so if you can rephrase the question, I will do my best to answer it. Thank you!

3. VoodooShield

Thank you mood... I believe the usb feature is working correctly, but if anyone has any problems, please let me know, thank you!

4. VoodooShield

Yeah, there are a lot of Software_Reporter_Tool.exe blocks... mainly because it is located in appdata, we can probably tweak this. Thank you!

5. VoodooShield

6. VoodooShield

I certainly see what you are saying, but keep in mind... Once Neil told me in an email that he mainly does comparative reviews. So I think since VS is kind of an odd duck, it is difficult to find other software to compare it to. Just a guess ;). Thank you!

7. VoodooShield

Thank you for posting that, very cool!

8. VoodooShield

Well, that was something we added a few years ago... we just wanted to recommend what we thought complimented VS the best, and at the time it was WSA. And actually, it is still a great combo, but then again, there are a lot of great companions for VS, so maybe we can list them all at some point. Thank you!

9. VoodooShield

Yeah, this is being blocked because of our Anti-Exploit option. I wonder why chrome is calling that processes... it should not be as far as I know. If it continues to happen, please let me know. If it was a one time block, it was probably a legitimate malware block. Thank you!

10. VoodooShield

Hmmmm, interesting, thank you!

11. VoodooShield

Hey Baldrick, cool, this is probably working fine now, but if not, please let me know. Thank you!

12. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you! Yeah, debugging the freeze issue really cleaned up the code, that is for sure ;).

13. VoodooShield

I really do not know... it has been a while since I looked into all of this. We can google it at some point though to refresh our memory. Thank you!

14. VoodooShield

A lot of the optimizations make little or no difference, and the others make only a tiny difference, but when you add them all up, they seem to make a significant difference.

There is a saying in coding...

Make it run
    Make it run right
    Make it run fast

Thankfully we are on the 3rd stage, and all of the code is in great shape.

No, at the time I was just working on VS, not VoodooAi, but the last week or so I have been working on VoodooAi, so it should be even better in a couple of weeks as well. Although, there is a chance that the improvements that I am doing now to VoodooAi may not make any difference at all, or it might even have less accurate and precise results. We will not know until we see the data and the curves. The funny thing is this... so I will end up working on this for 40-60 hours per week, for 4-5 weeks, and we will not know until the very end if it worked or not ;). So far I have been lucky, but it is going to be difficult to squeeze every little bit of accuracy and precision out of the models. Either way, it is a lot of fun... machine learning and Ai is an endless source of fascination for me ;). Thank you!

15. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that is odd that they do not match, thank you for letting me know, I will put it on the to do list!

16. VoodooShield

The downside to the lock being always on is that the end user will experience a significant amount of unnecessary safe blocks. The whole purpose of VS is to create an absolute lock while the computer is at risk... but it is equally important to unlock the computer when it is not at risk (for a lot of reasons). VS's protection starts when the GUI is started. Thank you!

17. VoodooShield

It should be there in Settings / Advanced... if not, please let me know, thank you!

18. VoodooShield

Hehehe, how funny!

19. VoodooShield

Wow, you do run a lot of security software, huh? ;)

20. VoodooShield

Yeah, this should work great... thank you!

21. VoodooShield

That should be fixed now, but if not, please let me know, thank you!

22. VoodooShield

The expiration starts on the purchase date. Thank you!

23. VoodooShield

Thank you for letting me know... is this still an issue, and if so, what is that path of the block?

24. VoodooShield

It should still be there... if not, please send me a screenshot of the block and I will take a look at it, thank you!

25. VoodooShield

Yeah, it is a tough battle and a heck of a lot of work... but we are almost there! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.