VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

The log is sent....

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Uninstalled 2.86, installed 3.0 - whitelist and settings retained. No issues so far, Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

3. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

got it, thanks!

4. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

I
    If the file is an installer, then the Local Sandbox will not be shown... long story but we can change this at some point. Please try an exe that is not an installer and it should work.

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hey, Dan...thought you were off now:eek: and leaving it all to Vlad:rolleyes:

No, seriously, glad in a way that you are still around. ;)

Regards, Baldrick

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Dan, what do you think about this?
    An option in VS GUI called "Sandbox" that would show all processes running inside.
    From there we could terminate the processes/empty sandbox, etc.

Right now, we can not tell what processes are running in Sandbox. Or can we?

7. VoodooShield

Hehehe, Vlad, watch out for this guy, he might make you laugh uncontrollably ;). Just kidding, thank you Baldrick!

8. VoodooShield

Great idea, thank you! We do want to keep VS as simple as possible, but if everyone thinks this something we need, then we can check with Vlad and see how difficult it would be to implement this. Thank you!

Baldrick is right, I need to step away from the computer for a while ;). But if you guys need me for some odd reason, please email me as support@voodooshield.com. Thanks again everyone, talk to you soon!

9. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I have tried several malware files (not installers) and I see no difference...maybe it is caused by VM...I will have to try it on real machine.....

10. Baldrick

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::D

11. Baldrick

I think that this is an excellent idea...makes things much clearer IMHO...nice one, siketa ;)

12. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

Good catch! there is indeed a bug. Will be fixed in the next release

Thanks

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Thanks, Baldrick! I hope other users might find this feature useful too. ;)

14. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

BUG

v 3 on W8.1 x64 OEM (Toshiba)

Registration fields not functioning properly; when entering e-mail address and registration password one can only enter 1 or 2 letters at a time and the field becomes disabled for a moment or two...

15. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

Thanks for finding. This could happen on not so strong computer or if there is too much overloading on the Windows. I wasn't able to reproduce the bug. But I saw in the code where it may happen, so probably it will be fixed in the next release.

16. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Did a clean install Version 3. Working good. :thumb:

17. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

AFAIK, in general the installer is not whitelisted automatically just because it is signed. I.e. if installer is launched by some another process, then user has to know that something like that happened.
    However if webapplication (i.e. Chrome) wants to update itself, then it should be allowed without prompting the user. There was indeed a bug, that chrome installer wasn't recognized as an installer.
    Will be fixed in the next release.
    Thanks for the finding and the log that helped to fix the bug!

What do you mean by "takes forever to finish"? does it open a browser with results or do you try to use VM? In your log I saw the "Access Denied" error (Exception) related to starting one of the processes needed by Cuckoo, so I'm trying to figure out what exactly was denied.

18. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

It's been awhile since I uninstalled and did a fresh install of VoodooShield. Could someone refresh my memory, didn't you have to reboot on a new install of the previous versions? Version 3 requires no reboot. :thumb:

19. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

Now reboot is not required for VoodooShield installation unless some of the files is in use during installation (shouldn't happen). Also no internet connection is needed for downloading .net or VC++ runtime. VoodooShield installs the runtime by itself and knows to work under .NET preinstalled on the system

20. siketa

siketa Registered Member

It opened browser with running analysis page but after x minutes it was not finished so I closed the browser.
    How long does it usually take to finish it?

21. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Also happened to me in VM but I made it after few attempts.

22. VladimirM

VladimirM Developer

it
    It shouldn't take too much time, more than few minutes I think. It seems to be a problem with the Cuckoo server. I saw in the server log, that record.exe was added to analysis, but looks like something wrong went there.
    I'll check it with Dan.

23. ropchain

ropchain Registered Member

@VoodooShield @VladimirM ,
    Looks like a Full Disclosure: http://casual-scrutiny.blogspot.in/2015/10/poc-or-it-didnt-happen-for-appcert.html

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  24. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@VladimirM

My test system = i7 4720HQ 12MB RAM with SSD + clean Windows OS install and less than 10 other softs installed.... avg CPU usage = 1 % \ RAM 15 %.

Code is making input fields mis-behave even on strong system with little demand on system; in version 2 there were troubles with VS' character input fields so probably just problematic coding artifact...

25. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Yes. This is a problem since the introduction of the Cuckoo sandbox. It never got sorted out because Dan couldn't get around\didn't get to implementing a fix...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.