VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I followed your instructions. I uninstalled 2.22b with Revo, looked for the VoodooShield folder in Program Data. It wasn't there. I then installed v2.22. It still does not start with Windows.

I am using Win 8.1 Pro, x64.

It seems that others are having the same problem. At the moment I have no other security programs starting except Window Firewalll Control, and Windows Defender.

Not a big deal until you get it fixed. I just have to remember to manually start when I boot.

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Working perfectly! Love that the delay start was fixed!

3. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Might be because users are sticking with what version works.

I am on 2.20c beta since it works 100% on xp.
    Too much of a hassle upgrading to find it doesnt startup again.

When there are more features then i will upgrade.

4. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Hey David, I just tried to install Otter on another drive, but it said that a dll was missing. Can you please email me a screenshot of your UserLog after this happens? I think it will be an easy fix, thank you!

Edit: Oops, I forgot... Yeah the command lines are typically separate from the initial / parent process. I hope that makes sense, if not, please let me know!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. VoodooShield

VS 2.22 should not display that error... if it is, then we are just misunderstanding each other. What will happen when you click on one of the threat links is that VS will open your default browser and google the threat name. But even if you manually delete Firefox from your whitelist (which I do not know why anyone would want to), it should still be automatically allowed because it is in the Program Files folder. I just tried it myself and it worked great. But just to be sure... this error happens AFTER you remove Firefox from your whitelist, and click on one of the threats detected links? Thank you!

6. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that is odd. Is the VoodooShieldService Startup Type set to Automatic? Can you please send me your DeveloperServiceLog.Log from the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield folder? Thank you!

7. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you,
    Cool, thank you, great to hear!

8. VoodooShield

Hey, V2.22 really should work great as long as you uninstall VS, reboot, then install 2.22. Just make sure that the VoodooShieldService is set to Automatic Startup type. If you try this and find something different, please let me know! Thank you!

9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Well, I deleted Firefox to recreate the scenario for you as requested by you. As I stated Firefox was not trained as yet on my initial install and train of 2.22 beta. I have Auto allow all from Program Files un-checked. When I click on the threat link with no browser whitelisted. I got the images posted. I am testing. So, I test and report. You provided the option to un-check Auto allow all from Program Files. That's how I prefer to run VS. I prefer granularity where possible vs. globally allow. Granted once browser is in Snaphot. Clicking threat opens browser. I reported an unexpected unfamiliar event. Now, we both know what happens under my scenario.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Yes...I'm talkin about marked button and options in "setting tab"

VS settings.jpg

Unfortunately I have bad news...your way doesn't work...I tried 2 times all steps and still without expected effect. I zipped the whole content of folder C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield (befor removing and after reinstallation)...maybe it help solve my problem but please send me your e-mail adress.

11. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

VS 2.22 on W8.1 ~ SMOOTH ~ No issues.
    Please comment on <<Automatically allow by Parent Process (Enable ONLY if all Web Apps are listed)>>
    Since, the Snapshot is dynamic ... does Enable ONLY mean if / when Snapshot is static.
    What occurs if Automatically allow by Parent Process is Checked (Enable) when all Web Apps are not listed in whitelist ? When do I want allow by Parent Process and when might I not want allow by Parent Process ?
    Best to you and yours. Happy Holidays ALL !

12. VoodooShield

Yes, this has been fixed in the public release of 2.22, you can download it here:

http://voodooshield.com/download/versions/Install VoodooShield.2.22.exe

13. trott3r

Win7 64bit still get some startup issues with VS2.22

Clicking on the desktop icon brings it up though.

14. VoodooShield

Hi, you can email them to support@voodooshield.com and I will take a look at it. This might help... what happens when you click the "Confirm Registration" button on the Register tab in Settings? Does it work? When you click the Save & Close button, does the Window close or stay open? Also, are you running the English version of Windows? Thank you!

15. VoodooShield

Basically, if you are running a web app that is not listed in Web Apps, it will allow by Parent Process, which is not good since it would allow a drive by. So if you are going to use the Parent Process feature, just make sure that all of your web apps are listed and enabled in the Web Apps tab. Thank you!

16. VoodooShield

Hi, you might want to uninstall VS, reboot, and then reinstall VS 2.22. That will make sure that the service was updated correctly, and it really should work. Please let me know, thank you!

Edit: BTW, I am a little confused because the whole issue with VS not starting was a result of the service not starting, so clicking on the desktop icon should not start VS if this is the same issue, since this would not start the service. So there must be something else going on here, I am not sure what. Either way, if you try to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall VS, it should fix it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  17. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks...I'll sent you such files. There is no matter if VS is registered (it goes without issue) or not...effect is the same - the lack of possibility to save settings though I can see blinking pop-up in tray probably that settings just right now was saved.

18. VoodooShield

The Save & Close button does not do anything if the user is running VS Free. Actually, the more I think about it, the Save & Close button should be disabled if the user is running VS Free, right?

19. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Aha! Now the light bulb it lit. Thanks ~ Parent Process means the Parent tells the child it okay to play. And I want Parental input because ? Parent is usually smarter than child ? Is that about the jist ?

20. VoodooShield

Yeah, pretty much. Basically, if the parent process is safe, then the child processes should be safe as well. We will enable it by default once we add all of the possible web apps to VS. But for now, we just disable it by default. Thank you!

21. VoodooShield

Thank you, I received your email, and I see what the problem is. It is a problem with the non-english version of windows. What language are you using (so I can test it as I fix it)? I will see if I can fix that today.

22. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Ok thanks...I hope it's only that one reason :D I'm using Polish version of Vista.

23. trott3r

Done that, seems to be ok so far but only time will tell :)

24. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Happy Holidays to ALL !
    Playing with running SBoxie in TTF + VS. VS is prompting me great. I know it's silly as TTF will Ignore my VS actions. But, I like the granularity. And VS prompt is only occasional.
    VS is proving itself most admirably. Cheers :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  25. trott3r

What is TTF?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.