VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Thank you Dan, installed over the top and looking good.

2. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

It certainly did, running fine so far. :thumbd:

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Cheers, DAn

Same here...a testing we will go...:argh:

Regards, Baldrick

4. l3l312

l3l312 Registered Member

2.22 over 2.22beta
    Noticed a huge improvement in boot times! 2 boots in training mode, 2 boots in smart mode, and 5 boots in Always On (my preferred mode). I dunno what you did to the code Dan, but it really is noticeably faster. Great job.

While doing all reboots, i randomly changed settings, and they were all kept throughout.

After your last explanation of Parent Process with software exclusions implemented in VS (any mode), and this new smoking version, I feel very comfortable enabling Parent Process feature. Your commitment to excellence has gained my trust.

Of notable mention, the fact that not once did VS fail to start! Woohoo!

Best regards,
    l3l312

5. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

I must say, noticing a significant performance increase between 2.22beta and 2.22 sounds intriguing. The only thing that comes to mind is the native .NET version. I am wondering if that is the reason behind the performance, since otherwise would be very little changes between the beta and final. This is exciting news if this is confirmed.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I got a strange entry in my user log in 2.22. I just got a swirly line with a blank path. There's nothing in the developers log about it. It's in the image below. I also was asked if I wanted to turn UAC off again when UAC was already turned off. When I chose yes Windows asked me if I wanted to reboot before VS finished it's installation. It was not a problem for me since I knew UAC was already turned off, and I knew not to allow Windows to reboot. Novice users, or someone not paying attention may accidentally reboot windows before VS completes its installation. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate SP1.

Attached Files:

7. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

i noticed the same thing but i reset the whitelist and it never came back.

hey, have you or anyone else noticed that when you check for an update it wont always display the dialog? I click and click and nothing happens.

8. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

okay figured it out. If you have the "notify me when a new version of VS is released" ticked, it will pop up a box when you manually check for updates. if that function is un ticked, it wont :) Seems like a bad feature. I do want to be able to manually check for updates :)

9. ichito

ichito Registered Member

It doesn't work...unfortunately I can see still the same issue. VS was installed on clean system without leftovers of previous builds - files/folders (removed by Everything) and registry entries (removed by RegSeeker). I don't know why is it...

10. Cutting_Edgetech

I deleted the VS programdata folder before upgrading to 2.22. It has not happened again so far. I will hold off on resetting the whitelist for now. I have not noticed the update error you have experienced. I disabled the update check in VS after upgrading to 2.22. Did you experience the error with builds before 2.22?

11. Cutting_Edgetech

I still have not experienced the bug with the VS service not starting at startup. I'm using the premium version of VS on Windows 7X64 Ultimate SP1. I wonder what the common factor is with user's machines that VS fails to start on. Is VS failing to start on the premium, and free version? There must be some common factor since i'm not affected by this bug.

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have just booted into the snapshot with VS 2.21 installed, and got the popup saying there was an update. However, it didn't update. I also, got the popup for MBAE saying there was a update, which I allowed first, and it updated ok.

ScreenShot_VS_auto update_v2.22_04.gif ScreenShot_VS_auto update_v2.22_05.gif ScreenShot_VS_auto update_v2.22_06.gif

13. Cutting_Edgetech

Users that are experiencing the startup bug should get together, and create a comprehensive list of other security software they have running on their machine, their hardware specs, version of VS they are using (free, or premium), and what OS they are using. If users experiencing the bug get together, and create a comprehensive list they should be able to discover the source of the problem by cross referencing the list for what they all have in common. Maybe you guys could even compare process logs from process explorer to see if you all have some common software running. I think that would be the easiest, and most thorough way to check for a software conflict. That would allow others to help you narrow down the problem since they could help you look through the log for commonalities. I know its a lot of work, but this bug has been around for a while now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  14. Cutting_Edgetech

If you guys that are having the startup issue are willing to make process explorer log then I don't mind helping you look through them for commonalities. For this to possibly work everyone that is experiencing the startup issue needs to make a Process Explorer log so they can be cross referenced, and there's still no guarantee we will find the problem. I think it is worth trying though. Well, i'm going to try to retire for the night.

15. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Cool, thank you ghodgson, Sir Percy, Baldrick, l3l312 and WildByDesign...and everyone else of course ;).

16. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you, I will fix the ~ and the UAC prompt!

17. VoodooShield

The Update button was broke for a version or two, but I thought it was fixed. Is it not working in 2.22? Thank you!

18. VoodooShield

Yeah, it is not supposed to be that way, I will look at it, thank you!

19. VoodooShield

Yeah, that version wasn't set to update. Please download from our website... Thank you!

http://voodooshield.com/download/versions/Install VoodooShield.2.22.exe

20. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that is odd. You are talking about the Save & Close button, and not the X at the top right? What you might try is to uninstall VS, then delete the VoodooShield Folder in the the C:\ProgramData directory, then reinstall VS. That really should fix it. I think it might be a permissions issue on an old VS folder. If that does not work, please let me know! BTW, what happens when you click Save & Close? Does it close the Settings Screen and not save, or does it just do nothing? Thank you!

21. VoodooShield

I think it is fixed... however, XP users will probably need to uninstall VS and reinstall it. This is because the old XP VoodooShieldService was set to manual startup (long story), but the new version it is automatic startup. But I really think the service startup issue is fixed. Thank you!

22. VoodooShield

Yeah, the more info I have, the better, thank you!

23. VoodooShield

BTW, I uploaded a new version, with one very, very minor change. The Auto Hide on Full Screen was not set correctly, so it was a quick fix, I just changed a "True" to a "False". There is no need to upgrade at all, but if you want to check or uncheck that feature in Settings / Tweaks, then click Save & Close, it will fix it.

I try to limit as much as possible new public releases because EVERY TIME there is a new release, my local clients all call me to ask if it is a legitimate update ;). I like talking to them and everything, but my phone rings off the hook for a day or two ;).

BTW, so far, so good on 2.22. I have not received a single bug report from any of the users on the new version (other than what we have discussed here). So I think we are in great shape, so we can start adding some more new features! Thank you!

24. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Yes, that is basically it. Many programs are installed on another partition. The paths have been set in custom.

One browser has a suffix such as

"G:\Program Files (x86)\Otter Browser\otter-browser.exe" --profile "F:\Otter settings\Otter\Otter"

That is continually blocked and when allowed the command line is ignored.

Should the command line be setup separately in Command Lines ?

25. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I use antiFreezeSetup to test VS Alert as I know it will prompt A Threat Has Been Detected.
    Initial testing after 2.22 beta re-train rendered NET Framework dialog. I click Quit on the NET Framework dialog windows > VS closes. VS System Tray Icon takes a smoke break. VS Shortcut restarts VS. See # 5456 for NET Framework ~ Quit and Continue. Testing is with Firefox not trained yet and clicking one of the malware identified in Alert window prompting access to web. No access as no browser in Snapshot.
    Testing after reading your Reply to recreate steps for you renders VS Exception + VS stopped working with Quit. Testing is with browser deleted from Whitelist.
    VS Unhandled Exception.PNG VS stopped working.PNG
    I may have to Reset Whitelist to re-create NET Framework prompt ~ Or, NET Framework prompt was a one off. IDK

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.