VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Congratulations Dan on VS 2.0 release! I just installed the latest build. I will give her a try, and report back how she is performing. I don't see the sandbox. Is the Sandbox not complete?

2. Cutting_Edgetech

VoodooShield still stops responding if I leave the web apps tab open for a few second. If I try to switch to a different tab it takes VS about a minute to unfreeze before VS will switch tabs. Once the web apps tab is no longer open VS stops freezing. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. Cutting_Edgetech

I have to retire for the night. I will check back in tomorrow evening.

4. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

okay maybe an issue maybe not

Windows Home Premium 64bit . VS is locked. launch 'disk cleanup' it lauches and does its job but VS still tells me it bocked 'dismhost'. Should i just add it as exclusion or is it safer to run it when not browsing the web?

dismhost.exe
    9a4b735603297448841758b29d3c387a4ce84e5fd0dae05622f43ce53b8c85e6

5. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Cool, thank you Baldrick!

6. VoodooShield

Yeah, I think it is! I would only test known viruses on a VM or test machine though. I still have not had time to test to see how well that sandboxing method works with real viruses. Thank you!

7. VoodooShield

Please let me know... It is well tested for Vista and above, but I have not tested it all that much with XP, and there are some differences in the code! Also, once the KMD is ready, VS will run even better on XP. The current version runs really well as far as I can tell, but I just have not tested it that much yet. Thank you!

8. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you MrGump and TyRizian!!!

9. VoodooShield

Hmmm, I wonder what that was. I just changed some code in the new version that might have fixed that, so please try 2.01! Thank you!

10. VoodooShield

Ohh, that is what it was. I have tried to make the balloons stay up for longer, but I have had no luck. I will ask the new developer if he knows how.

11. VoodooShield

Thank you TH!

12. VoodooShield

Thank you, I appreciate that! The sandbox button will only appear if you try to run a file that is not an installer. The installer detector is not perfect yet, I just have to add some more definitions to it, but it is getting close.

In the new version, 2.01, I turned off the timer that detected web apps every 5 seconds, and just added a button. VS was freezing your machine because it kept trying to detect the web apps that were connecting to the internet. So instead, I just added a button, and the user can click on it to detect the new web apps.

But I just noticed that I have to resize the Refresh button that I used, no biggie though. Thank you!

13. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for letting me know. It is fixed in the new version (or should be). VS will block dismhost once, but after you allow it, it should not block it anymore. If it does, please let me know, it is an easy fix. Thank you!

14. VoodooShield

Here is the latest version. I changed quite a bit of code today, so hopefully it will work just as well as the last version. If not, please let me know and I will go back to the previous version or fix whatever needs to be fixed. I think the only other bug is the startup bug... on some systems, VS does not start on windows startup. I am getting close to figuring it out. The old installer used to delete all of the database and log files in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield directory, and we used to not have that problem. So I think that is happening because the old database and log files are still on the system, because once I manually delete the database and log files, it seems to work correctly (even without uninstalling and reinstalling). So it is something very simple I think. If anyone is experiencing this issue, please delete all of the files in the C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield directory and reboot, and then please let me know! If VoodooShieldService is running, it will not let you delete the DeveloperServiceLog.log file, but I think that is OK.

http://www.voodooshield.com/freeoffer/Install VoodooShield.2.01.exe

15. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am getting excessive CPU usage since I updated to 2.00

ScreenShot_VS_v2.0_excessive CPU usage_01.gif

16. VoodooShield

Hmmm, thank you for letting me know, that should be easy to track down. What was the last version that was working well?

17. VoodooShield

FYI, I just noticed that the new Detect Web Apps button needs a little more work than just resizing, but it will not be a big deal.

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Now, it is back to normal. It has got me beat.

ScreenShot_VS_v2.0_excessive CPU usage_02.gif

P.S. I must reregister after every reboot.

19. VoodooShield

Edit: Is it consistently high, or just when it blocks something? I am sure it is something I have to change in the XP code. I am also going to make another change tomorrow that will help the CPU utilization even more for all OS's.

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think we were X posting . LOL

21. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks Dan - Bit busy today so will try the new version maybe this evening. Incidentally VS 2 was a clean install. Can 2.01 be installed over the top and does it need to reboot in this case.

Re the pop ups, I am wondering if it would be better for them to stay until acknowledged? I find that if I am away from the m/c I am losing then and am unaware of a process not working when it should be. This maybe more applicable to those coming fresh to the program.

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think I know what was causing the CPU usage problem ... It is rundll32. exe when I access Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Path:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

Command line:

"rundll32.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen F:\PrintScreen Files\ScreenShot_Glary Utilities_system info_08.gif"

Current Directory:

F:\PrintScreen Files\

23. VoodooShield

You can either uninstall or just install over the top, but either way you will want to reboot. Yeah, as far as the pop ups / balloon notifications are concerned, I will see if it is possible to make them stay until the user acknowledges them, I think that will work really well if we can make that happen. You could always uncheck the "Deny by Default" option in Settings / Basic. Those messages will stay until the user clicks on them. Thank you!

24. VoodooShield

Yeah, that makes sense for XP ;). This will be fixed with the KMD... it should be ready in a month or so. Thank you!

25. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Dan

No excessive CPU usage her under Win8.1 U1. Have just installed v2.01 and still nothing strange CPU usage wise...but will report back if I spot anything.

Regards, Baldrick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.