VMware ESX and Acronis True Image Recommendations

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeffrey.anderson, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey.anderson

jeffrey.anderson Registered Member

We are running 2 VMware ESX servers. We want to do hot backups of individual vm's.

Acronis True Image for Linux?
    - Is there a GUI for standard Linux (not X Windows)
    - Can I backup via smb?

Acronis True Image Enterprise?
    - Will the Linux agent allow me to do disk imaging as well as file level backup?

Thanx!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid no. If you do not install X Windows system, the command-line interface will be available only.

Yes, this feature is available in Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux.

Yes, Acronis True Image Agent for Linux allows your to create file-based image.

You can download Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server trial version at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATIESWin/ and Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux trial version at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATISLin/ in order to see how the programs work.

Please find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image programs in the respective User's Guides.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the products.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. jeffrey.anderson

jeffrey.anderson Registered Member

Thanx for the reply!

Two more questions (since I can't find the answers myself)...

1) Does True Image for Linux do "hot" backups?

2) Does True Image for Linux do scheduling?

Thanx again!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux supports hot imaging. It allows you to create an image of a server without any interruptions.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux allows you to create the scheduled tasks.

Additional information can be found in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux User Guide which is available at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/docs/

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux FAQ page helpful.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.