VMCLite Huawei E220 error 720

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue in one of my systems with VMCLite Huawei E220 error 720 (Vodafone).

Its the following:

For the last 3 days, I couldn't connect to the Internet in that system, with that device. I contacted Vodafone support, but the technical department services were closed, so I was told to call them the next day (yesterday). Saturday, before calling Vodafone again, I decide to try once more, and it connected to the Internet. So, I didn't call them.

Today, the same happened all over again.

This very same issue has happened before, a few times already, but only with I not being able to connect to the Internet for a few hours. I always thought it could be them making some maintenance in their servers.

I contacted Vodafone support and they told me a few steps, but none of them work.

My head is so blown up I only remember netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt. But, their steps didn't work.

I decided to upgrade the firmware, but still happens. I uninstalled the software, and will be reinstalling and see if it works.

Meanwhile, does any of you have any ideas?

Thank you

Edit: Forgot to mention that, I created a virtual machine, and in there, I could connect to the Internet. So, is a software related problem, my guess is in the O.S (Windows Vista SP1).

Edit 2: It seems that uninstalling and reinstalling solved this problem. I believe its due to the fact that, when the model I have came out, it wasn't and still isn't compatible with Windows Vista. It is first necessary to get it in Windows XP, so that one gets the drivers, and only then get it to work on Vista.

Somehow, sometimes, the software gets screwed up.

Thank you anyway folks. ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.