VMare?Virtual Box et al IN FDISR snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Longboard, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Has anyone put a VM into an FDISR snap:
    Heh: I know by definition that is what any FDISR user is doing with an Install of said VM ;)

Bare with me: I am interested in having VM in one of my "spare" bootable snaps and in an archive file ie not in Primary snap.

Has it gone well ??
    ANy probs with copy/update or with removal of snap or defrag from within and when not booted ??

Thx

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have for a long time had Vmware in FDISR snapshots and archives. I have done defrags with a couple different Defrag programs (Perfect disk 7 and 8 and Ultimate Defrag). I have not noticed any problems.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Sure. I have a vm machine in an FDISR snapshot, and then installed FDISR in the vm machine. Now in all fairness I keep the vm machines on a different disk. But the vmware software is in the fdisr snapshot. I do it this way since my vm machine is a 1 gig ram machine, with 2 20gig hard drives, so I keep it out of the way. But the controlling software is in the snapshot.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

OK thanks :thumb:
    Just checking
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.