VistaPE & Acronis TI11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dms76, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

I am trying to build a VistaPE using Mustangs Acronis TrueImage 11 plug in.
    Whenever I activate and build with Mustangs Acronis TrueImage 11 plugin I receive a weird 0x00017 error. When I disable the plugin then it boots ok.

I have Acronis build 8,053.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

I've been able to duplicate that error using TI Echo Workstation build 8076. It does not happen on all machines. It also does not happen if booted in a Virtual PC machine.

It's going to take me some time to figure out what is happening. I suspect it has to do with the latest versions of the Acronis drivers used in TI. I need to experiment with using older versions of the drivers and using different combinations of the Upper Filters during boot. I know it didn't happen back when I did extensive testing with build 8018. Because it doesn't happen in a VM, I need to burn a CD and boot a physical machine for each test. This is very slow and may take me a few days.

I'll post back when I have a working solution.

3. mustang

mustang Developer

Here's an easy workaround for you to try. It worked for me.

1. In WinBuilder under Extended Configuration make sure you have a check mark at "Mount folder with programs as drive Y:"

2. Under the TI script, uncheck the box "Run from ram (boot.wim)".

3. Also uncheck the box "Include Media Builder" to save space on the CD.

This will make TI run from the CD instead of from ram. It should work for you as well. So far, I can't seem to find a reason why it won't boot when TI is set to run from ram.

4. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

I am going to have to play around a bit with it. Now all of the sudden I'm getting trueimage.run is file not found. I don't know what happened with it. :(

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Is TrueImage.run missing from your system? You should find it at the location of the Acronis Common Files. The defualt location is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome. It looks like you have specified the proper location of the Acronis Common Files in the configuration of the script because there are other files being picked up from that location and you are only getting one error.

If you check the box to Include Media Builder, that error will go away because the script will just pick up all the files at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome and won't be looking for specific files.

Sometimes bad things happen with the Acronis installer. Do a search for TrueImage.run on your system. If you find it in a different location, copy it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome. If you do not find it, uninstall TI 11 and reinstall it. Then check to see if TrueImage.run is where it is supposed to be.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  6. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

So here's the scoop, I don't have a clue what's going on. A while ago I successfully created a boot.wim using winbuilder and your ATI10 and DD10 scripts. I tried to reinstall ATI11 for the trueimage.run error, I've tried selecting media creator,and run from ram disk and any combination of selections. I just can not seem to get it to work. I tried creating another boot.wim with ATI10 and DD10 without success. The ATI11 Rescue Disk works fine, except it has no network drivers. A straight vistape wtih imagex and added network drivers via peimg work as well.

Maybe its time for for plan old vistape with imagex or Ghost 14.0. Only problem with Ghost is you can not create backups from CD.

7. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

Actually I think I know what went wrong with ATI10. This compile of vista recognizes all my hard drives, I just had to add chipset and network drivers using the peimg /inf command. I will retry tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.