Vista SP1 x64 problems?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by KOKOtm, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

Hi there,

i also have the problem like some others - no prompt for letting applictions access to the internet. It started with SP1...

My story:
    i installed SP1 on vista 32 on my HTPC. Working fine, no problems with ESET.

So installed it also on my main PC. The bad: It doesn't boot any further after typed my account and password in. So i booted in save mode, deactivated the firewall and booted again, all was fine. i reenabled the firewall, it found some new compontents(sure it does, have new versions), but after reboot it doesn't work again...

So i deciced to reinstall ESS, uninstalled it, but the same happened again, but now i had some more problems. 1st, the firewall allowed the complete access to all problems. I found out fast that there are two rules that do that. I removed them, but my problem with no boot after login was still present. So i decided to reinstall once more. The all-access rules wasn't installed, but now the firewall doesn't give me prompts for my applications, blocking all access.

Only the automatic mode working fine, but i want my interactive mode back...

Any other suggestions? Does anyone have ESS and Vista X64 SP1 running perfectly? If yes, can he export his ESS settings and upload it somewhere(don't forget to remove your licence 1st) ;-).

Thanks,

Tim

P.S: I have tried english .621 and german .636...and excuse my bad english :)

2. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

I had to install a backup again. It was an old backup, pre SP1. I uninstalled .621 english, installed .636 german in standard mode, installed SP1 again, now all my problems are gone, no 'phantom rules', normal boot... o_O well, it is working now, that is all i want. :cool:

3. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

ESS didn't let me login to desktop(again!)

As i mentioned before here ->

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=200747

my login problem is back again. After user und pw check the display only goes black with my mouse cursor in the middle and hanging, loading in background.

If i disable the firewall in safe-mode and booting normally again, all is fine. Reenable ESS is also working, but after reboot the problem is back. Yesterday all was working fine, ESS only found some more rules. I deleted the new rules from yesterday, but the problem is still present.

Automatic mode is working, but i want my interactive mode back(that is working now, don't want my problems back like in the thread before). Any suggestions?

4. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

Nobody? :-( ... have uninstalled, deleted all ESET folders on harddisk, reinstalled, have the same problem from scratch. Looks like i have to go back to Kaspersky...

5. KOKOtm

KOKOtm Registered Member

Ok, because i was bored i reinstalled the old backup with working ESS and SP1 and waited for some ESS-Firewall rules want to be created...

and then it cames, a modified svhost.exe, which i accepted. I rebooted and then my problem was present again, after the login the desktop should be loaded but nothing happens, only the automatic mode would work.

So i decided to do a dirty workaround:
    - setting the ESET Service to manual.
    - created a .bat file with "start net "Eset Service"
    - put .bat file in Autostart folder.

It is working now, but not the best solution :-(

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

7. mossie

mossie Registered Member

I am having exactly the same problem on my desktop, Vista Home Prem, fresh install with SP1. No problem on my laptop upgraded to SP1 with Eset already installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.