Vista RC1 (5600 Build) - Can't 'MOUNT IMAGE'

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brianlewis, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianlewis

brianlewis Registered Member

The Mount Image option in TrueImage 9.1.3677 does not function under Vista RC1 (Build 5600)
    It sits there saying 'Assigning letters to partitions' then eventually
    'Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive'

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Vista isn't supported yet

DUUUH!!!

3. Frallo

Frallo Registered Member

Can anybody from Acronis please comment on when this is planned?
    I cannot believe, that engeneering work at Acronis will start when Vista is released.

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

At the moment, Vista is not supported as an OS. BUT HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure you can make a Backup of your HD (with Vista on it)...by using the "Recovery Boot CD".

5. Frallo

Frallo Registered Member

I know, that Acronis announced to bring out a version of True Image that runs on Vista after Vista has been released.

Sound a bit late, doesn't it?

I am allready running my productive machine that I use for my every day work as an IT pro on Vista RC1 and I want to do the backup with True Image.

Well, most probably , I will need to stick to Vista complete PC backup (also a file based imaging) until True Image releases.

6. Frallo

Frallo Registered Member

I would use that, in case there would be a function to shutdown the PC after backup.

7. Frallo

Frallo Registered Member

Just realized, that my ides does not make sense :)
    Since the success state (event log) is not persistent when booted from the rescue CD, an automatic end or shutdown does not make sense.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that there is no point in supporting the operating system that has not been officially released yet and has plenty of it's own problems that need to be fixed. However, the "engeneering work" at Acronis is already in progress. The support for Windows Vista will most likely be implemented in the next version of Acronis True Image, but the exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Until Vista is released, it is still subject to change. After all, it's only in RC1, or what some would call Beta 4. While the set of features is probably 99% determined, it still contains a lot of debbugging code and will undoubtedly receive fixes for remaining issues before the next step in the release process. It's great that MS is so large that it can have such an extensive test-before-official-release process. And it helps developers too get a handle on what they are faced with when the new OS comes out. It takes a lot of resources, espeically support resoureces, to release a prog for an OS that is not yet locked down.

Even when developers release versions that support Vista as it is finally release, many folks doubt that things will be ironed out until Service Pack 1 is released. ;-) Some bandwagons are too bumpy and costly to jump onto too early.

sh

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Until Vista is released, it is still subject to change. After all, it's only in RC1, or what some would call Beta 4. While the set of features is probably 99% determined, it still contains a lot of debbugging code and will undoubtedly receive fixes for remaining issues before the next step in the release process. It's great that MS is so large that it can have such an extensive test-before-official-release process. And it helps developers too get a handle on what they are faced with when the new OS comes out. It takes a lot of resources, espeically support resoureces, to release a prog for an OS that is not yet locked down.

Even when developers release versions that support Vista as it is finally released, many folks doubt that things will be ironed out until Service Pack 1 is released. ;-) Some bandwagons are too bumpy and costly to jump onto too early, especially if the developer is not as large as Yahoo, Symantec, or MS.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.