Vista Firewall Control question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by iceni60, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'm going to install a FW for vista. i want to try the Vista Firewall Control first, then if i don't like it i'll try out the PC Tools one.

i wanted to find out what happens when a program tries to connect to the internet with Vista Firewall Control, is there a popup where you can decide what to do? i was looking at the download page and it says something about the free version not having "Instant Blocked Traffic Notification" so that's why i'm asking -
    http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

has anyone tried it? it sounds like it could be really good if it's just a front-end to the vista firewall. i can't use it how it is because it doesn't look well designed, it looks overly complicated. also i heard even with out-bound protection enabled you still don't get event popups. i do remember getting a FW popup though but i can't remember what it was for!

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it must be a big secret. i'm going to install it today, don't worry though because i won't tell anyone how it works, it won't be a secret then ;)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i installed it and the first thing that happened is i got a new error message about the service not running. i'm using another computer now too because the internet is broken on that one now. i tried to make a restore point before i installed it but everytime i clicked on system restore i got a popup saying the wizard was already running o_O

i rebooted and i now have about 6 error messages everytime vista starts lol but, i suppose it's something you have to live with when you use vista. i'm not fixing it because i don't enjoy using vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.