Vista Firewall connection at windows startup?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JohnnyDollar, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I have a broadband connection. I have noticed that after I started to use vista firewall with advanced security instead of a 3rd party firewall, that when windows first starts up it takes approx 30-60 seconds to connect online. If you open up eset during that time it has a ! next to antispyware and antivirus and some other apps will not open until I have a connection. The network icon in the notification area has an x and while it has that x I cant hardly do anything with most apps until connection is established. Is it renewing the IP address? Why cant I run any other programs correctly? Any suggestions?

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I also use the Vista firewall and, coming out of sleep mode or rebooting, it does take a minute for it to connect. I can't tell you why, since I don't really know, but wanted you to know it's not an isolated occurrence.

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Correction. I can get online at startup with the x on the network icon but, eset has an ! on the antivirus and antispyware. Some apps will still not work until the x goes away, like nod32, everest, disk management etc.

4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I am starting to think it's not the firewall at all, because I turned it off and rebooted and it did the same thing.

5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone I appreciate the help.

6. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I fixed the problem. HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service was hanging at startup. I changed it from automatic startup to automatic delay startup and it took of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.