Vista Enterprise Edition

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by silver0066, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Now that the Vista Business editions are out, does anyone have any idea when Leapfrog is going to issue a compatible update for Vista?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Silver

Have you tried the current version. I installed Vista RC1 and forgot to remove FDISR, and it worked. I had to put the gui into compatibility mode to get it to work, but other than that it was fine, I could boot back and forth between the Vista and Xp snapshots.

Pete

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Pete,

I have tried to install First Defense on a clean install RC2 version of Vista that I installed into an empty snapshot. The program, First Defense, brought up an error message stating that it would not install on other than specified operating systems (I forgot which ones were listed but Vista was not one of them) and then it refused to install.

I was successful, however, by performing a clean install of Windows XP Pro into an empty snapshot, and then installing FD-ISR on to XP, and then performing an upgrade install of Vista RC2. Using this method, I can also boot back and forth between 2 XP snapshots and 2 Vista snapshots.

I would like to install Vista clean, without doing an upgrade from XP into an Empty Snapshot.

Were you able to do a clean install of Vista into an empty snapshot and then install FD-ISR into that snapshot?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.