Vista continues to "rock" or is that wobble

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Longboard, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have the same experience as bic73452. All my essential software run under Vista. I find Vista faster than XP, especially when I have a lot of programs open. The applications opens fast enough, often faster than in XP and those which are slow loading are slow loading in XP too. And I have turned off prefetching, i might add, coz it didnt do anything else than grind the hard drive for 10 minutes after every reboot.
    Especially I like the limited account, I find it better and more intuitive than in XP. Vista knows every time when something is supposed to run under a admin account and pops up the login, just like UAC, I dont mind entering the pw everytime. I guess it is even more safer to run LUA than UAC? I hope I am not lullaby´ed into false security :)
    Sure, some processes take alot of memory, but it is nice to see that I finally have some use of my 2GB RAM :D
    I am slowly but surely migrating to Vista.
    I´m just waiting for the revolutionary DirectX 10 to attract any games (that I like)

But I can also aunderstand those who dont want to buy it, I really dont think that all the new stuff justifies the high price if you have a working XP.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i think if your getting a new computer its worth concidering windows vista.
    vista home premium oem is only £10 more than xp home OEM.
    im sure for most users vista works fine.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.